The Student Room Group

Taking days off to revise

Because my school hasnt given us and doesnt plan on giving us study leave Ive been taking days off to revise and its helped, but my attendance is already poor and I plan on going to a different sixth form and I was wondering would my attendance get me rejected from that school? even if my grades are pretty good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ksj.11
Because my school hasnt given us and doesnt plan on giving us study leave Ive been taking days off to revise and its helped, but my attendance is already poor and I plan on going to a different sixth form and I was wondering would my attendance get me rejected from that school? even if my grades are pretty good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i doubt it to be honest, unless your attendance is down to like 60%, if your not going back to that school i wouldnt worry.
Ive been thinking about doing the same next week, my attendance is on 96% so idc if it drops a couple
Reply 3
Original post by Razamataz666
i doubt it to be honest, unless your attendance is down to like 60%, if your not going back to that school i wouldnt worry.

Mines at like 94-95% do you think i should stay home tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't understand how schools can't give people study leave, seems so weird to me because I would probably fail if I didn't have study leave. I could only manage like 2 hours of revision after school and I could never revise at school because it was always too noisy.

If staying off gets you into some trouble where it would impact on your future then I would advise going. However, if you really feel like you need it and it will benefit you then I don't see the problem. Just do what you think is best.
Reply 5
Original post by ashleymacleod
I don't understand how schools can't give people study leave, seems so weird to me because I would probably fail if I didn't have study leave. I could only manage like 2 hours of revision after school and I could never revise at school because it was always too noisy.

If staying off gets you into some trouble where it would impact on your future then I would advise going. However, if you really feel like you need it and it will benefit you then I don't see the problem. Just do what you think is best.

this is exactly my situation, im exhausted after school and I study for about 3 hours and because Ive done none all day I try working really late till 1 or 2 and get really bad sleep and im tired all day 😭😭
our school wont change their minds.. maybe i should explain what I have to go through to the head teacher

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow I feel's for you. Our School hates our class so much I bet they're absoloutely loving the fact we're on study leave :colonhash:
Yeah, but Just take day's off because as far as I know majority of people work better at home alone than at school with friends.
If i did not have study leave, I'd probably not do as well.
HOWEVER!
In some A-levels, they may ask for the Pupils overall attendance and if it's really bad and I mean so bad then yeah......
But yet again, You have a decent reason as to why you were abscent, furthermore I doubt your abscences are enough to raise concern to your 6th Form.
(edited 7 years ago)
If you genuinely feel that you will benefit from staying at home then by all means do that.

At the end of the day only you know the best way that suits you when it comes to revision.

Quick Reply

Latest