The Student Room Group

Post exam blues

Anyone have any tips for picking themselves up after a bad exam, I just did physics and absolutely bombed, walked out knowing Iv'e dropped about 20 marks already. The killer was that physics has been my weak subject so I really put loads of effort into revision, I've done all of the past papers twice and around 2 hours minimum revision every day since Easter. Right now I'm just wallowing in self pity, anyone have any advice?
Reply 1
Ive bombed a few tests, and ive felt like punching walls. Its alright to be angry right now, like i was for 2 weeks, cus we'll forgot in 5 years. We always do. Essentially, accept the hurt.
(edited 11 months ago)
Last year I felt the exact same after my 2nd maths paper bc it went awful - the entire mechanics section was so hard and I wasn’t able to answer half of the questions. What made it worse is that so many people found it okay and better than paper 1. So I knew I bombed it and when I tried revising that day I couldn’t bc I felt horrible.
I think spend the rest of the day doing something to take your mind off of it. I’m pretty sure I watched Netflix after trying to revise for about 2 hours and had to give up.
For the next exam I was so much more motivated and knew I had to do good to make up for the last paper and I went in with a different mindset.
I ended up getting an A* in maths.
Don’t let one paper think you have no chance in doing well. I really thought I got at most a B in maths but give yourself some time to take your mind off of revising and to put yourself in a better position to be more focused in the next paper.

Quick Reply

Latest