The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

gzftan
Hahahaha..i don't think that would work for me....i think i'd find it too hard to walk in heels :tongue:

G

lol, get platforms than:smile: big seventies style:rolleyes:
Reply 61
Cellardore
lol, get platforms than:smile: big seventies style:rolleyes:

Lol...me, strutting around gary glitter style???? Fat chance...having said that...

#D'ya wanna be in my gang..my gang....my gang??# :tongue:

G
Reply 62
im only 5ft1 but still as cute as a button!
Reply 63
I'm 5ft 3 - the normal for girls I think is 5ft 4/5 :smile:
Reply 64
Misbah Imtiaz
I'm 5ft 3 - the normal for girls I think is 5ft 4/5 :smile:

is it? someone here told me i am 5ft 6/7 (because i don't know) so does that mean i am above average??
Reply 65
gzftan
I'm a 5,6" bloke (yes..shortarse i know....can't help it...i'm chinese :tongue:)...and just under half the girls i know are taller than me...and just over half the girls i know are shorter than me.

With that in mind..i'd say avg height for a girl is 5,5"-5,6"

G

em....

Not every Chinese bloke is that short you know. I knew someone who's well over 220 cm. Anyway, I'm 6'3", so 5ft is obviously too short for me. Will have difficulties bending over when kissing. Back could be injured... Ouch!

me!
I'm 5"10 and feel like a giant because some of my mates are barely 5" and when we're walking next to each other or something it's kinda like omg adn even next to my taller mates I still feel like a giant person lol

Think Maria Sharapova, she's 6ft. It's kind of tolerable height for a girl, beside, she's really really really......:rolleyes: But, if you move onto 6'2.5" (Lindsey Davenport), then... it's a little bit scary.

I'm not the tallest in my social circle, a friend of mine who's 1/2 Belgian, 1/4 French, and 1/4 English is 2 inches taller than me. As for the rest of the mates, they are just about 5'10".
Reply 66
Camford
em....

Not every Chinese bloke is that short you know. I knew someone who's well over 220 cm. Anyway, I'm 6'3", so 5ft is obviously too short for me. Will have difficulties bending over when kissing. Back could be injured... Ouch!

Think Maria Sharapova, she's 6ft. It's kind of tolerable height for a girl, beside, she's really really really......:rolleyes: But, if you move onto 6'2.5" (Lindsey Davenport), then... it's a little bit scary.

I'm not the tallest in my social circle, a friend of mine who's 1/2 Belgian, 1/4 French, and 1/4 English is 2 inches taller than me. As for the rest of the mates, they are just about 5'10".

i am 5'6/7" but i feel so weird around my friends sometimes, only my best friend is 5'5" and rest just around 5 foot. whenever we go to watch movie, they are alway the ones gets pulled and asked how old they are
Reply 67
Camford
em....

Yes...i know not all chinese blokes are that short thank you very much!!! Lol...but you have to admit...the average height for chinese people is less than for english people....must be the genes!!

G
Reply 68
shushimeng
i am 5'6/7" but i feel so weird around my friends sometimes, only my best friend is 5'5" and rest just around 5 foot. whenever we go to watch movie, they are alway the ones gets pulled and asked how old they are

Obviously, you have not met that many tall men then.
Reply 69
Camford
Obviously, you have not met that many tall men then.

yeah i did
but just girls that i hang around with :smile:
Reply 70
gzftan
Yes...i know not all chinese blokes are that short thank you very much!!! Lol...but you have to admit...the average height for chinese people is less than for english people....must be the genes!!

G

well i know lots chinese people who are taller than me
i used to think japanese are shorter than chinese but i don't know...
Reply 71
gzftan

G

Em... Kind depends on the genes.

Having said that, people who lives in countries closer to the poles (north and south, but you can get closer to the north pole than south on a hospitable land) are generally taller. Look at Norway and Sweden, I reckon geographical makeup has got a big part to play, i.e. influence the mutation of genes.
Reply 72
Camford
Em... Kind depends on the genes.

Having said that, people who lives in countries closer to the poles (north and south, but you can get closer to the north pole than south on a hospitable land) are generally taller. Look at Norway and Sweden, I reckon geographical makeup has got a big part to play, i.e. influence the mutation of genes.

At this point...if it were 2 weeks ago...i would've gone into some spiel about geographical isolation, separate paths of evolution and adaptation, as well as maybe mentioning possibly reproductive isolation and eventually speciation...but exams are over....so i don't need to anymore!!!! :biggrin:

G
horrorboy
im supposed to be meeting this girl who's 5ft and just wondering is this small for a girl? im rubbish with heights so don't know.

5'5 is probably around the average height. I'm 5'3 and people call me tiny, :frown:
waiting2smile
5'5 is probably around the average height. I'm 5'3 and people call me tiny,

5"3' isn't tiny at all, just slightly below average, tiny is about 4"10.
Reply 75
shushimeng
well i know lots chinese people who are taller than me
i used to think japanese are shorter than chinese but i don't know...

On average, Japanese are shorter than Chinese. It is probably due to thier sitting habbits. Some people suggest that the way they sit restrict blood flow, which for some reason make them shorter than they should be.

shushimeng
yeah i did
but just girls that i hang around with :smile:

I am more likely to go for a girl that's about 4/5 inches shorter than me. Having said that, not that many girls I meet are 5'10. If I have choose one from your circle, then I'd pick the tallest (that's based on looks only, final decision will be influenced by other factors such as the amount of things she knows, can be anything, the more the merrier).
Reply 76
shushimeng
is it? someone here told me i am 5ft 6/7 (because i don't know) so does that mean i am above average??

I would say so! In my college the avg. girl is around 5ft 5 . You do get the odd ones who are 6ft and beyond though :smile:
Reply 77
Misbah Imtiaz
I would say so! In my college the avg. girl is around 5ft 5 . You do get the odd ones who are 6ft and beyond though :smile:

arrh i wouldn't want to be that tall :smile:
Reply 78
gzftan
At this point...if it were 2 weeks ago...i would've gone into some spiel about geographical isolation, separate paths of evolution and adaptation, as well as maybe mentioning possibly reproductive isolation and eventually speciation...but exams are over....so i don't need to anymore!!!! :biggrin:

G

I don't do either Biology nor Geography. So you can regard what I said as nonsense, as my mum does...

Camford's Mum
You are Nuts!!
Yes I know, that's why it says "contain nuts" on my door.
Reply 79
Camford
I am more likely to go for a girl that's about 4/5 inches shorter than me. Having said that, not that many girls I meet are 5'10. If I have choose one from your circle, then I'd pick the tallest (that's based on looks only, final decision will be influenced by other factors such as the amount of things she knows, can be anything, the more the merrier).

i see, that's me then :p:p:p:p:p:p:tongue:
trust me i know a lot of thing :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending