The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

I am getting bullied in university??What should I do next?

Okay it's just the 3rd week of my university life and it seems like I already met some bitches.Here the story goes..There is a cute guy in our class who returned from abroad and due to some unknown reason he only talks to me and another girl in my class.She and I are really good friends.That guy helps me with studies often and he is nice but then when "the bitches" asked him to help,he told them to wait and then he didn't help them at all,he left home after making me understand what to do.I think that one of the "bitch" has a crush on him and now I am also a good student but those girls don't study at all.Due to some unavoidable reasons when teacher made group,I fell into that group and it sucks.They are rude to both me and that friend of mine.They are specially rude to me because he talks to me more.And they would say like- "You are good student huh?You don't really need help,do you? ","Go to your that guy friend and ask him how to do this and come back to us and make us understand too".The words don't sound that harsh I know but their facial expression hurts and their voice hurts too.I am afraid they are going to spread rumors about me soon and it's getting hard to stay in the same group and when I told the teachers,he said it's okay,we will become friends in no time which is not the case.It's only getting worse with time.What should I?Please help.Oh my God,I can't believe this sort of things happen in university too.These girls are really mean and jealous too.I feel irritated to even sit together and I feel like hitting them really hard on the face or even shout "Bitches,f""k off,get a life".Won't that make situation even worse?How should I handle this situation?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Okay it's just the 3rd week of my university life and it seems like I already met some bitches.Here the story goes..There is a cute guy in our class who returned from abroad and due to some unknown reason he only talks to me and another girl in my class.She and I are really good friends.That guy helps me with studies often and he is nice but then when "the bitches" asked him to help,he told them to wait and then he didn't help them at all,he left home after making me understand what to do.I think that one of the "bitch" has a crush on him and now I am also a good student but those girls don't study at all.Due to some unavoidable reasons when teacher made group,I fell into that group and it sucks.They are rude to both me and that friend of mine.They are specially rude to me because he talks to me more.And they would say like- "You are good student huh?You don't really need help,do you? ","Go to your that guy friend and ask him how to do this and come back to us and make us understand too".The words don't sound that harsh I know but their facial expression hurts and their voice hurts too.I am afraid they are going to spread rumors about me soon and it's getting hard to stay in the same group and when I told the teachers,he said it's okay,we will become friends in no time which is not the case.It's only getting worse with time.What should I?Please help.Oh my God,I can't believe this sort of things happen in university too.These girls are really mean and jealous too.I feel irritated to even sit together and I feel like hitting them really hard on the face or even shout "Bitches,f""k off,get a life".Won't that make situation even worse?How should I handle this situation?

Unfortionately this sort of thing does still happen in adult life. You'd think people would learn to be civil to eachother but I guess not.

Anyway I see 3 options- sit tight and try your best to take it (I don't think thats the best way forward), stand up for yourself and tell them they are being rude and to back off or talk to student support, explain the situation and ask them to help.

Best option might be to call them out and then take it from there. If they back off then great, if not talk to student support about it. Might help to read up on the unis policy on bullying/ antisocial behaviour etc. The uni should not stand by and let students be rude to eachother and there will be policies about that. If you read up on it you will know what to do/ say if you do decide to report them.
I'd probably try confronting them first though since going formal about it is a pain and may lead to some more bad experiences for "telling" or whatever. Depends on if they're going to be childish about it.

One thing I would tell you though is you will be supprised how supportive others are. Most people once they reach uni will learn to be adult about things and not accept people being mean so will support you (or at least not judge you).

I had a situation where somebody made rude comments on a uni based site. After the second time I had other students telling me I should report her and that she was out of line. Some people actually did report her themselves. I was really happy to know I wasn't alone since I thought nobody would care or would think I was being pathetic. Don't be afraid of other people knowing and judgind you- you are not the one they will be judging.

Latest