Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am in year 12 and I have finally thought about doing psychology only I know that some courses want two science subjects but I'm only doing psychology, English literature, sociology and history and so I don't know if universities will accept me into their schools if I am not doing a science subject such as biology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firefly16)
    I am in year 12 and I have finally thought about doing psychology only I know that some courses want two science subjects but I'm only doing psychology, English literature, sociology and history and so I don't know if universities will accept me into their schools if I am not doing a science subject such as biology.
    Some prefer you to have 2 sciences. But I can't think of any that require 2. Anyhow most universities don't require any, but if you apply to schools that say they prefer 2 you will be at a disadvantage to someone doing 2 sciences. You'll just need to show you're a scientist in your personal statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps not at all universities, but I'm sure a fair few would. I know a couple of people doing subjects such as Psychology, Sociology and Philosophy who have had offers for Psychology, including some Russell Groups.

ReputationRep:
    It's possible to get an offer for psychology at uni with just gcse science and no psychology qualification so far. I know because it happened to me.

Don't panic op there's still everything to play for.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it at uni right now and I've never come across a university specifically stating that you must have 2+ science subjects. They might prefer it but it won't be a definite requirement.

It varies from uni to uni, just go on the website of the university you're interested in, look under 'entry requirements' and they'll clearly state what subjects they prefer/require.

In case you're wondering I did Maths, Physics and Biology at A-level (and AS History).
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Firefly16)
    I did Psychology, History and Sociology as my A Levels and study Psychology The only requirement I've seen from universities is either a grade B or C in GCSE Maths. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    I've got offers from Russell Group universities with psychology, philosophy and media. In fact, I've found that I have been given a lower offers than someone who did a 2nd science - biology! So don't worry about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.