The Student Room Group

Changing my uni course

I have an offer for psychology and criminology keele but I'm wondering whether I should change my course to just psychology.

Looking at the modules for Keele, I realised I preferred more of the psychology optional modules compared to the crim and psych ones.

Though I still like criminology, I'm more interested in the psychology aspect rather than the criminal justice side, and I like how psychology at keele can give me the chance to explore that but also look into other things too.

I'm still unsure of what to do in the future but I'm leaning towards forensic psychology or being a detective.
Original post by drag0nslyr
I have an offer for psychology and criminology keele but I'm wondering whether I should change my course to just psychology.

Looking at the modules for Keele, I realised I preferred more of the psychology optional modules compared to the crim and psych ones.

Though I still like criminology, I'm more interested in the psychology aspect rather than the criminal justice side, and I like how psychology at keele can give me the chance to explore that but also look into other things too.

I'm still unsure of what to do in the future but I'm leaning towards forensic psychology or being a detective.

If you have an offer for Psychology and Criminology from Keele, but would rather do pure Psychology there, then just contact them and ask if you can switch. You've nothing to lose by asking, and the sooner you ask the more likely they are to be able to accommodate you.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
If you have an offer for Psychology and Criminology from Keele, but would rather do pure Psychology there, then just contact them and ask if you can switch. You've nothing to lose by asking, and the sooner you ask the more likely they are to be able to accommodate you.
Thanks for replying. I'm still unsure about whether to switch as my dad says doing the dual course would be better and give me more options but I'll definately try to decide soon
Original post by drag0nslyr

Hi @drag0nslyr ,

Hope you're doing well. Picking a course can be difficult so take your time with your decision. As @DataVenia said, you can speak to the department about switching. One thing I would add is that while a dual degree can be good, Psychology is still very versatile and you could definitely still go into forensic psychology or become a detective with a single honour degree. My advice would be to go with psychology if you feel like that is what you enjoy most.

Hope this helps!

Faheema (Lancaster Student Ambassador for Psychology)
Reply 4
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi @drag0nslyr ,
Hope you're doing well. Picking a course can be difficult so take your time with your decision. As @DataVenia said, you can speak to the department about switching. One thing I would add is that while a dual degree can be good, Psychology is still very versatile and you could definitely still go into forensic psychology or become a detective with a single honour degree. My advice would be to go with psychology if you feel like that is what you enjoy most.
Hope this helps!
Faheema (Lancaster Student Ambassador for Psychology)
Thanks for the reply! I emailed the uni and got my course changed already

Quick Reply

Latest