The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

What's the difference between Warwick Business School and Warwick Manufacturing Group

Can someone explain why certain business courses like Msc Innovation and Entrepreneurship are offered under WMG instead of WBS???

Is graduating from a degree from WMG not as prestigious as WBS? Will they even write that on your cert or do you get a general University of Warwick on your cert?
They will just be different courses - presumably the faculty at WMG proposed and were best suited to deliver the MSc in Innovation and Entrepreneurship? University of Warwick degrees don't usually state the department and so I'd be surprised to see WMG or WBS appear on your final certificate.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by MonteCristo
They will just be different courses - presumably the faculty at WMG proposed and were best suited to deliver the MSc in Innovation and Entrepreneurship? University of Warwick degrees don't usually state the department and so I'd be surprised to see WMG or WBS appear on your final certificate.

Thanks. I'm just curious as to why a university like Warwick would allow students with a 2.2 to enroll in their courses. I noticed that for WBS and all other Warwick departments, you need a 2.1 minimum for admission but WMG is the only department which admits students with a 2.2. So I'm worried if I do my degree there, employers might not value my degree so much or it's seen as less prestigious compared to WBS?

I'd just like to know why this is the only department that allows a 2.2.
It's difficult to know the precise reason behind them accepting a 2.2. They might want to consider a broader range of candidates so that they can (e.g.) accept someone with a strong background in business or entrepreneurship who simply didn't achieve a 2.1 in their first degree. I suspect that the ability to attract sufficient applicants to fill the places is another driving force.

I'd be surprised if most employers knew the admission requirements of individual MSc courses. I suspect that the Warwick brand would carry across but, of course, you couldn't say you studied at "Warwick Business School" (only "University of Warwick") if that's what you wanted to do. I'm not in the business/entrepreneurship field but would be surprised if this distinction mattered very much by itself.

Quick Reply

Latest