Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, on May 23, it was the day of the English Lit Exam. It was a really good paper and I answered the questions with confidence. No problem at all.
    However, I have a concern where you had to write down the Exam Reference Number on the front page of the booklet. On the exam booklet it said '97151H' but on the Exam Whiteboard (in the exam hall) it said 'AQA97151 H/F" so I got muddled up and I wasn't sure which code to write down.
    So I wrote AQA97151 but I realised I didn't put H or F and there wasn't any space to write it and then I felt I wrote the wrong reference number so I went over the numbers and letters. However, in the end, I left it as how I wrote it initially but it looks quite messy but it's readable enough to see the numbers and letters.
    I confirmed with an invigilator and he said it's fine as long as you put '97151' but I'm still not sure. Do you think this is okay? Do you guys think AQA will still recognise this paper?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    even if they can't read the reference, I'm pretty sure as long as your name, candidate number + centre number is on the booklet, then it's fine! Plus, before they're sent off, the invigilators check them so if they found an issue with it then they'd change it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mughushed)
    even if they can't read the reference, I'm pretty sure as long as your name, candidate number + centre number is on the booklet, then it's fine! Plus, before they're sent off, the invigilators check them so if they found an issue with it then they'd change it
    Oh, phew! Thank you! I have been stressed for the past two weeks and finally! Thanks for cheering me up and clearing away the issue.

ReputationRep:
    It would be fine, they probably get checked before they get sent off and would definitely have been checked by now, so your centre would have been contacted by now, dont worry- even if you didn't write any number im sure it would still be okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazz_xox_)
    It would be fine, they probably get checked before they get sent off and would definitely have been checked by now, so your centre would have been contacted by now, dont worry- even if you didn't write any number im sure it would still be okay
    Thanks for the reassurance! I feel a bit more relieved now...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.