The Student Room Group

Biomedical science entry requirements?

I want to do biomedical science and I'm thinking about top universities.
For Oxford the minim in A level is A*AA but apparently they dont have any GCSE requirements. How does GCSE effect your chances of getting and interview and such. They are very picky
I want to do Biomedical Science too! :smile: Just applied for an Access to Uni course in Biological and Sociological Science and after that I'm going to apply for Biomed at QUB and Ulster in Northern Ireland (my locals) as well as good ones in England, maybe Oxford.

I don't believe that Oxford really care about GCSE grades IF your AS grades are A's and you have a good predication at A2.
What Sciences so you have a GCSE? Science grades? English Lang and Maths grades?
And A'level subjects? These'll all matter to Oxford uni.

You'll also have to show an awesome Work-Life Balance, which you can make by doing extracurricular activities like school debating/science/music clubs/sports. As well as volunteering and experience in your area of interest (Biomedical): which you can use in your university application. Why not try asking the lab at your local NHS hospital if you can get some work experience?

Hope this was helpful,

Kat

Quick Reply

Latest