The Student Room Group

biomedicine

has anyone got into biomedicine by doing a BTEC that is not applied science?
Reply 1
Original post by hiraaad

I believe some universities take some other subjects like Forensic science or animal management but it is best to look at the specific entry requirements or email the admissions to ask about it but I imagine some people have yes, but in general less universities take BTEC level 3s alone for some courses especially more selective universities with more selective courses like STEM degrees.
Original post by hiraaad

Hi @hiraaad,

It is great to hear you are looking to study Biomedical Science in the future.

We can consider other BTECs for our BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science degree. We prefer students to have studied a course which includes Biology or a related subject such as Chemistry, Geography or Psychology. However, other subjects will be considered if students have demonstrable interest or experience in biology. Further information about the course can be found here.

I hope this helps

Pippa
Course Enquiries Team
Reply 3
hii, my btec course was health studies

Original post by Edge Hill University
Hi @hiraaad,

It is great to hear you are looking to study Biomedical Science in the future.

We can consider other BTECs for our BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science degree. We prefer students to have studied a course which includes Biology or a related subject such as Chemistry, Geography or Psychology. However, other subjects will be considered if students have demonstrable interest or experience in biology. Further information about the course can be found here.

I hope this helps

Pippa
Course Enquiries Team

hii my btec course was health studies, i did microbiology and physiology that was like the closest science modules i did. would that be of any help? i didnt fail both!
Reply 4
Original post by xtca
I believe some universities take some other subjects like Forensic science or animal management but it is best to look at the specific entry requirements or email the admissions to ask about it but I imagine some people have yes, but in general less universities take BTEC level 3s alone for some courses especially more selective universities with more selective courses like STEM degrees.

hi! thank u so much for replying, i understand!
Reply 5
Original post by hiraaad

hii my btec course was health studies, i did microbiology and physiology that was like the closest science modules i did. would that be of any help? i didnt fail both!

i think you should check the entry requirements of some unis you’d possibly want to go to. if they do require a science subject, it may be worth looking at the foundation year maybe? since that’ll teach you the foundations of science so i think you’d have a better chance that way
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by hiraaad

Hi @hiraaad,

If you have studied a health course with some science content, I encourage you to send an academic transcript or clear copy of your certificates to us at [email protected] so we can advise you further.

Thanks and best of luck with your future studies,

Melissa- Course Enquiries Team
Reply 7
Hi @hiraaad,

If you have studied a health course with some science content, I encourage you to send an academic transcript or clear copy of your certificates to us at [email protected] so we can advise you further.

Thanks and best of luck with your future studies,

Melissa- Course Enquiries Team

hi melissa, thanks for your response. could you please tell me what an ‘academic transcript’ is?
Original post by hiraaad
hi melissa, thanks for your response. could you please tell me what an ‘academic transcript’ is?

Hi @hiraaad,

An academic transcript is a breakdown of the modules you have studied on your course. It will usually be the module titles, credits that you study and your overall grade. Any information you can provide about the course can help us determine if you meet the entry requirements.

Thanks,

Melissa- Course Enquiries
Reply 9
Hi @hiraaad,

An academic transcript is a breakdown of the modules you have studied on your course. It will usually be the module titles, credits that you study and your overall grade. Any information you can provide about the course can help us determine if you meet the entry requirements.

Thanks,

Melissa- Course Enquiries

hi!

thank you so much much for explaining! i understand now! but, how would i send this to a university?

thanks!
Original post by hiraaad
hi!

thank you so much much for explaining! i understand now! but, how would i send this to a university?

thanks!

Hi @hiraaad,

You can email it across to us at [email protected] and the course enquiries team will be able to advise you further.

I hope this helps

Pippa
Course Enquiries Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending