The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3420
Original post by stochasticking
Yes.

What task did you use this for? And do you mean you brought your own? Do you recommend others do too?
Hi may I know if you had one to one video interview? I am still waiting the orientation invitation... killing me...
Original post by Kortnie
I just got an orientation invite that I can't make, but messages in the online portal won't send/or they come up with an error once I hit send so not entirely sure if they're going through...

Has anyone else been to an orientation? It's not the same day as the assessment centre right?

No, other users have posted that this is just an opportunity for disabled candidates to have a look (and familiarise) with the venue. Its not the same day as my AC
Original post by snooks1512

Just wondering about the expense policy this is what it says on my portal. Can you not claim your expenses back until after you have attended the assessment centre? And where do you send your expense details?

After the AC a link appears for you to input your claims where it says expense policy on your picture. You just have to put them in online, print it off and send it to the address it says on the link that appears, with all your original receipts.

(Might want to be careful with that picture -your name and candidate ID being posted on a public forum, I'm sure it will be fine but you know what people on the internet can be like).
Can anyone who has attended the orientation session advise if this is worth going to if you have dyslexia? I don't really see this as a disability so not sure if this will be a bit unnecessary for me if it's aimed towards accessibility/familiarising yourself with the venue...

Because it starts in the middle of the day, I would have to take an entire days leave for this... so don't really want to use up a day for no reason.

Perhaps I'll just call up parity and pester them on this actually
Hi, can someone tell me where I can get the expense claims form from please?????
Original post by petralouisa
Hi, can someone tell me where I can get the expense claims form from please?????

Copied from a post above (because I'm not clever enough to multi-quote)!:

After the AC a link appears for you to input your claims where it says expense policy on your picture. You just have to put them in online, print it off and send it to the address it says on the link that appears, with all your original receipts.
Absolutley fuming right now. Sat my video interview back in early December and yesterday morning I got an emil saying one of my questions hadn't recorded properly- the dreaded question no5. Just re-done it right now, got the same question again unfortunatley, waffled something but I bet I've gone through that hassle again just to be rejectd.
Reply 3428
Original post by jelly1000
Absolutley fuming right now. Sat my video interview back in early December and yesterday morning I got an emil saying one of my questions hadn't recorded properly- the dreaded question no5. Just re-done it right now, got the same question again unfortunatley, waffled something but I bet I've gone through that hassle again just to be rejectd.
That is actually shocking from civil service, I'll be so vexed if and when this happens to me
Original post by SaruP
What task did you use this for? And do you mean you brought your own? Do you recommend others do too?

No, computers are provided. I was told not give away information, but I think you can take a guess at which one it's for.
Original post by SaruP

"Your first task is to analyse the issues and results to date and, on the customised PC provided, prepare a recommendation which builds a balanced and convincing case for extending one of the two alternatives nationwide".

Analysis exercise. Everything you need to know is explained comprehensively in the FSAC booklet.
I have my assessment centre on the 22nd Feb in London in the afternoon. I'd be travelling from Exeter so a good few hours, would it be reasonable for me to stay in a hotel the night before? Would they pay expenses for this even though my session is in the afternoon? Obviously I could travel up on the day but I'd much prefer to be well rested and not have to stress about being late etc.

Also, really stupid question, but obviously if I stay overnight and checkout of my hotel before heading to the assessment centre I'd have to bring my overnight bag with me to the AC. I just don't want to be the only one lugging around a bag all day...
Is it safe to assume that those like me who haven't heard back yet from the video interview haven't gotten through to the AC?
Original post by Markeo1995
Is it safe to assume that those like me who haven't heard back yet from the video interview haven't gotten through to the AC?

No, they haven't even marked it yet if you haven't heard back. So we still have a chance.
Original post by Caravan_Palace
No, they haven't even marked it yet if you haven't heard back. So we still have a chance.

Hello, you are not alone... I am still waiting too. Guess we will hear from them on Monday. Let's stay positive until the end...
Original post by katievickers
I have my assessment centre on the 22nd Feb in London in the afternoon. I'd be travelling from Exeter so a good few hours, would it be reasonable for me to stay in a hotel the night before? Would they pay expenses for this even though my session is in the afternoon? Obviously I could travel up on the day but I'd much prefer to be well rested and not have to stress about being late etc.

Also, really stupid question, but obviously if I stay overnight and checkout of my hotel before heading to the assessment centre I'd have to bring my overnight bag with me to the AC. I just don't want to be the only one lugging around a bag all day...

Hi,

My assessment centre was also in the afternoon, I claimed the friends and family expenses rate and they approved that fine, so I would assume a hotel will also be fine. There were a few people at my assessment centre carrying bags around so just take everything to the assessment centre with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The assessment centre is pretty secure (Newcastle and London) - so leaving suitcases and bags will not be an issue, and a fair few candidates come straight from a hotel after an overnight stay - that shouldn't be a problem. There's lockers in Newcastle for valuables and I'm sure if you asked they would be happy to lock away bulkier bags and suitcases, just ask.
Original post by Caravan_Palace

When I spoke to Parity a few weeks ago they said they had marked it, I did mine on the last days of November.

Am I right in saying that you think those who have failed have all found out now?
Original post by Markeo1995
When I spoke to Parity a few weeks ago they said they had marked it, I did mine on the last days of November.

Am I right in saying that you think those who have failed have all found out now?

Not yet, as per my previous post they only told me I had to re-record a question on Thursday morning having sat on my interview since early December! I finally got a chance to stumble my way through it yesterday evening so its unlikely mines been fully marked yet.
Anyone else have their AC in London on the 27th of February in the afternoon?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending