The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

So frustrating!
That etray though- the differences between the options are so subtle to me.
Bearing in mind there is often no wrong answer. But each answer you give will in some way show what kind of person you are...it's very frustrating.
Original post by Historicity
I feel like all I've done is wait and it could be over with one simple email saying no meaning that I have to wait until next year.

It's good to have plan B.
Just to ask guys, when did you do the etray? I did mine on Monday 14th so wondering if I'll hear roughly same time too?
The waiting is a joke :frown:

Out of interest, what other grad schemes have people applied to?
Original post by Cazza180

Im going to apply for the BAE systems scheme. The project management GDF scheme that is.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by anwarpwnsall
Just to ask guys, when did you do the etray? I did mine on Monday 14th so wondering if I'll hear roughly same time too?

I did mine 25th october. how it happened with the behavioural tests etc was that dates you sat it didn't relate to when you found out. it ended up being people who sat it later heard first so there's no way to know.
P.s out of interest, is anyone on here applying for the science stream?
Original post by Cazza180

Patience :wink:

Just HMRC and this one.
Original post by Neurola

Yeah, the science and engineering scheme is my first choice.
Just done the e-tray. I completed it with about 12 seconds to go. On average I was probably about 55% satisfied with my answers, and no hope of going back to check them. Any positive feeling I have stems from the fact that others on here also found it really hard, so who knows. I probably spent too long on the first few emails before I realised how quickly time flies! On the plus side, the situation was really interesting, unlike those in the SJT. Best of luck everyone.
Original post by anwarpwnsall

Did mine on Friday 11th. Patience is key for all of us, as agonising as the wait can seem
Original post by Neurola

I have applied for science and engineering scheme.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Friend did her etray roughly the same time as me and got her results (didn't pass) the other day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 995
I was just about to click "submit" on the 24th question when it timed out and submitted for me - god damn it! :P Fingers crossed!
I found it helpful to divide the number of emails by the time given after using the suggested background reading time. It left 2.5 minutes per email. I then wrote down the corresponding total time I should have left after finishing each email on a piece of paper. E.g.,

Email 1 57:30
Email 2 55:00
Email 3 52:30
Email 24 00:00

I ended up having over ten minutes to spare, so maybe this is a useful technique for pacing oneself. Additionally, I noted the answers I was unsure of so I could review them before submission.
Reply 997
^ Yeah, I had done that, but I think I must have wasted a bit of time scrolling to check the time left, etc. I'm not *too* concerned really, it's just a mild frustration haha
Was anyone here rejected upon completion of the behavioural and situation tests?
Is it possible to get feedback?
Fingers crossed everyone for tomorrow if we get our results. Not sure what my plans are if I don't pass the e-tray, I love my current job but i can't see it as my career like I can the fast stream, might try and enter the CS directly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending