The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Finally after long wait, I passed stray exercise. Haven't received the email yet.
Finally! I got the update, and I passed the E-Tray. I was honestly having an existential crisis since the FS is my dream. Time to stress about the interview haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some people have failed, some have passed. Just be patient, finger crossed you make it through .. this year applicants were prob similar to last year 30000+. Regardless of passing or failing there still one hurdle before making it to the assessment center. In my view still in the same boat as everyone until you make it to the assessment center..
Commiserations to those that haven't made it past the e-tray this year. Three main things to bear in mind:

1) You can always apply next year! The CS themselves say it's not uncommon for people to have several goes and have lots of real world experience. I've found that having experience post graduation in an office has made SJT and E-tray exercises much easier because you are in that mind frame.

2) Just because it seems like lots of people are passing the E-tray here, that doesn't mean that nearly everybody hs got through. Those that have got through are likely to come and post, those that have not probably won't care to come and update the thread as they'll lose interest.

3) There might be a need for many more civil servants over the coming years anyway... https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/nov/22/civil-service-unable-to-cope-with-brexit-bob-kerslake
(edited 7 years ago)
Just logged in again, passed. 1. Stats service 2. GORS

EDIT for anyone who is maybe in the same boat: Had to do the e-tray twice. If anyone also did but hasn't heard back, I'm sure it won't be long. Good luck
(edited 7 years ago)
Checked my portal and passed the e-tray. Surprised as I found it challenging but hopeful from here. Video interview won't be fun
Answered all the questions and thought I did okay but didn't pass the e-tray. I know they're very busy but any idea if we can expect some sort of feedback?
I completed my etray last night and got my result about an hour ago - seems like the later you leave it you're better off as you don't have to wait so long for results 😬

I passed but I've applied three years in a row now and this is the furthest I've got!
Original post by anwarpwnsall
Answered all the questions and thought I did okay but didn't pass the e-tray. I know they're very busy but any idea if we can expect some sort of feedback?

I read on Twitter than they're only going feedback from the AC onwards, which I do find unfair since people otherwise don't know what to improve on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Caravan_Palace
I read on Twitter than they're only going feedback from the AC onwards, which I do find unfair since people otherwise don't know what to improve on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah damn that's annoying :frown: Kinda understand because they've had so many people apply but it would be good I needed to improve on
Reply 1190
Original post by Kortnie
I completed my etray last night and got my result about an hour ago - seems like the later you leave it you're better off as you don't have to wait so long for results 😬

I passed but I've applied three years in a row now and this is the furthest I've got!

Congratulations on passing :smile:. I completed mine yesterday evening and have yet to hear back, Getting really nervous now. Maybe because I had reasonable adjustments, i don't know.
Surprisingly passed.

On a seperate but related note, I've seen a lot of people stressing about the fast stream. I was guilty of that this time last year, thinking it was the only show in town in regards to Whitehall. It's not.
I missed out narrowly last year but got an interesting role in a great department with huge potential for progressions and promotions. My manager missed out on the fast stream years ago but moved up the ranks quicker than the average fast streamer does. It's worth bearing in mind as you go through this process! Just enjoy it.
Finally just got my results, passed! first choice was digital & technology! was going mental waiting seeing everyone else on here get there results!
Finally sat the etray- what a headache it was! Not expecting to have passed (again!).
Just interest to know for those who have applied in previous years and are reapplying, what type of jobs did you apply to or are doing in the meantime. I dont want to apply to for other gradute schemes and sign a 3 year contract just to apply again next year.
Original post by HumanDancer
Sorry guys, I am a jammy so-and-so and I have heard news. I am through to the video interview - for CS, Frontline and Police Now. Annnd I found out this morning in work that I have been invited for an interview within work, which has quite similar requirements to the Stream. Happy, happy days. :biggrin: (It does mean I have to buy a suit though...) Keep your eyes on that inbox, guys - responses are coming!

That's absolutely awesome!! Well done now go on to smash those interviews (after buying that suit :biggrin:)!! While working on my dissertation, I'm trying not to stress out about this too much. Edit: though I've just seen I've "made it" through the etray, video interview hasn't unlocked so maybe not through...there goes the idea of trying not to stress ahaha
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Stephm503
I'm in the same boat, I've a feeling we might be on the border or amber banded and may have to wait for more results to come in first... I hope this isn't the case but it's the only thing I can think of

Eeesh, I'm with you guys. Trying not to fret but hearing of quiteee a few people with diplomatic who have got through and I haven't got a response yet
Been refreshing every hour or so since I started seeing people on here saying they got their results and was starting to lose hope until I just checked now - I passed! No email, which is odd, for the other tests I got the email first.

To the people saying that it seems the majority are passing, I think it's definitely true that mostly people who pass are posting on here - if I hadn't passed I doubt I would have come back on here. And to anyone still waiting, hang in there!
Also, does it make a difference at this stage which schemes you've applied for?
Reply 1199
I've just logged on and seen I am through to the video interview- although it hasn't unlocked yet. I applied for Diplomatic, Parliament & Project Delivery.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending