The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
wiwarin_mir
The americans make themselves a target. they are think they can police the world and have killed many, many innocent people as a consequence of their actions in the various conflicts they have either fought in or started since WWII.

I have to agree. If the Americans had left well enough alone, the 9/11 attack wouldn't have happened.
what exactly has that got to do with anything? - wiwarin
Mad_Monkey59
what exactly has that got to do with anything? - wiwarin

The fact that america armed bin laden and then were horrified when he turned against them.
Reply 23
Mad_Monkey59
The goals of alqaeda are not reasonable... they are not achievable, there are based on extremist beliefs, and no matter what we do, these people will have a vandetta against the whole of western civilisation...

quite.
Reply 24
wiwarin_mir
The fact that america armed bin laden and then were horrified when he turned against them.

the Saudis armed him and bankrolled Al-Qaeda..any thread of US payment to him is negligible in comparison.
so why did alqeada bomb madrid...

what have the spanish got to do with anything.

you are failing to understand, alqaeda arent fighting for revenge they are fighting against the entire diplomatic, western civilisation... they are fighting aginast our liberty.
Reply 26
Mad_Monkey59
The goals of alqaeda are not reasonable... they are not achievable, there are based on extremist beliefs, and no matter what we do, these people will have a vandetta against the whole of western civilisation...

were america in Iraq on sept 11... no, there is no excuse for their actions.

You do realise that you can just substitute the names for each of them, reverse the tables if you will, and things would be exactly the same. The only excuse that has any relevance is 'fight fire with fire', but 'two wrongs don't make a right' and while I'm going 'if at first you don't succee, quit sky diving' :smile:
Reply 27
Mad_Monkey59

you are failing to understand, alqaeda arent fighting for revenge they are fighting against the entire diplomatic, western civilisation... they are fighting aginast our liberty.

Aren't you fighting against their liberty?
Mad_Monkey59

I am not defending alqaeda, I am simply saying that america isn't exactly innocent.
Reply 29
Sire
I have to agree. If the Americans had left well enough alone, the 9/11 attack wouldn't have happened.

its amusing..youre happy they helped in WWII but when its not to save your ass or defend your existence or liberty, bad americans. i appreciate that in australia a closed beach is about as great a threat to liberty as one can imagine.
vienna95
its amusing..youre happy they helped in WWII but when its not to save your ass or defend your existence or liberty, bad americans. i appreciate that in australia, a closed beach is about as greater threat to liberty as one can imagine.

They helped in WWII because of the japanese lauching an unprevoked attack on them, so it was once again for revenge.
I personally do not think bush will be happen until he manages to dismantle the axis of evil (as he puts it)
Reply 31
wiwarin_mir
They helped in WWII because of the japanese lauching an unprevoked attack on them, so it was once again for revenge.
I personally do not think bush will be happen until he manages to dismantle the axis of evil (as he puts it)

as david frum puts it but anyway, let me get this clear, the US was right or wrong to send its young men to european battlefields?
vienna95
as david frum puts it but anyway, let me get this clear, the US was right or wrong to send its young men to european battlefields?

Well the US was also wrong to interfere into world politics and try to direct the course if conflicts.
Reply 33
vienna95
its amusing..youre happy they helped in WWII but when its not to save your ass or defend your existence or liberty, bad americans. i appreciate that in australia, a closed beach is about as greater threat to liberty as one can imagine.

Nice one :smile: Actually, I'm not happy they helped in WW2. As far as Australia goes that is. If you mean to say that I'm happy they stopped Hitler from having his way, then no. Hitler decided to declare war on America, that was his mistake. But on June 22 1941 Hitler decided to invade Russia despite a non-aggression pact signed in 1939 (may have been late 1938). He brought about his own downfall there, and thus we didn't need saving from him. As for the Japanese threat, there really wasn't one. They only threatened Britain's empirical trade network, which was all but gone anyway, and had no intention of invading the US or Australia. The plan was to inflict such a quick and severe defeat upon America that they would sue for peace. Obviously this failed.

I just feel that the Americans are basically the bullies of the world, and if anyone doesn't like it, they get invaded or hunted. Then the Americans condemn any acts of retaliation to what they've done in areas where they aren't welcome. Sorry, but I just can't condone the hypocrisy of the American Government and its actions.
wiwarin_mir
this is a very ignorant comment, do you want me to tell you why?
Reply 35
wiwarin_mir

That's a gross historical inaccuracy. They supplied a huge amount of war materials, without which Britain could not have survived, long before Pearl Harbour occured. They also allowed aided their citizens in volunteering to join the RAF.
H&E
That's a gross historical inaccuracy. They supplied a huge amount of war materials, without which Britain could not have survived, long before Pearl Harbour occured. They also allowed aided their citizens in volunteering to join the RAF.

The US actually entering the war as a fighting body occured due to pearl harbour, but true, they were suppying us before hand, I should have made myself more clear.
Speciez99
this is a very ignorant comment, do you want me to tell you why?

Spelling mistake, it should be happy rather than happen.
Reply 38
wiwarin_mir
Well the US was also wrong to interfere into world politics and try to direct the course if conflicts.

can you be more specific?
vienna95
can you be more specific?

korea, vietnam, europe (cold war), kosovo

Latest

Trending

Trending