The Student Room Group

DWP Leadership Roles HEO

Has anyone who was successful in the interview and placed on the reserve list been offered a position yet?
I completed the preferences last week and have not heard anything since.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey Aysha,

I just posted something similar. I haven't heard anything back since I submitted the location and role preferences. They said over the next few weeks. What score did you get? I only got 25
Reply 2
Original post by Barcasean
Hey Aysha,

I just posted something similar. I haven't heard anything back since I submitted the location and role preferences. They said over the next few weeks. What score did you get? I only got 25

Hey thank you for the update. You did well! I scored 31 - just eager to know when they’ll start offering posts.
Do you think I'll be offered a post with that score?
Reply 4
Do you think I'll be offered a post with that score?

Possibly. It all depends on the number of candidates and how well they have scored. However my experience with DWP is that their interviews are a lot tougher than other departments. I’ve scored almost full marks on the same behaviours as this for a HEO HMRC role, and was on the reserve list for a couple of weeks because a lot of people scored high. But then with DWP for past roles, I’ve scored similar to 31 and got the job straight away because on average candidates score a medium mark. I think we have to wait to see how we’ve done.
Original post by Aysha98x
Possibly. It all depends on the number of candidates and how well they have scored. However my experience with DWP is that their interviews are a lot tougher than other departments. I’ve scored almost full marks on the same behaviours as this for a HEO HMRC role, and was on the reserve list for a couple of weeks because a lot of people scored high. But then with DWP for past roles, I’ve scored similar to 31 and got the job straight away because on average candidates score a medium mark. I think we have to wait to see how we’ve done.

Interesting thanks. Let me know if you heard anything 😊
Reply 6
Interesting thanks. Let me know if you heard anything 😊

I will do, and you too 🙂
Hey Aysha, did you hear anythung. I got an email saying my preferences are already full so do I have any more. I don't really so ill be on the reserve list I suppose.
Reply 8
Hey Aysha, did you hear anythung. I got an email saying my preferences are already full so do I have any more. I don't really so ill be on the reserve list I suppose.

Heyy, I’ve not heard anything yet. Was the advert number you applied for 235415? And what were your location preferences if you don’t mind me asking?
Heyy, I’ve not heard anything yet. Was the advert number you applied for 235415? And what were your location preferences if you don’t mind me asking?

Yeah that's the same as me. I asked for the any of the roles in Birkenhead or Bootle. So the only ones I didn't put were the working age and decision making ops leader (which I think had the most vacancies) and the two roles that necessitated prior experience. What about you?
Reply 10
Yeah that's the same as me. I asked for the any of the roles in Birkenhead or Bootle. So the only ones I didn't put were the working age and decision making ops leader (which I think had the most vacancies) and the two roles that necessitated prior experience. What about you?

I put 6 in total for Bradford and Leeds areas. I selected the Disability Services, Decision Making, UC WCA and one of the SPOC ones.
Hopefully they start needing more HOs and use the reserve list soon.
I’m hoping no news is good news as of yet. Was the email you received from the sites or the generic recruitment team?
I put 6 in total for Bradford and Leeds areas. I selected the Disability Services, Decision Making, UC WCA and one of the SPOC ones.
Hopefully they start needing more HOs and use the reserve list soon.
I’m hoping no news is good news as of yet. Was the email you received from the sites or the generic recruitment team?

It was from the DWP recruitment team yeah. Does the reserve list get used often?
Reply 12
It was from the DWP recruitment team yeah. Does the reserve list get used often?

Yes they do. Even if people back out or do nor accept offers they will move onto the reserve list. However keep applying for similar roles ascreserve lists expire eventually.
Reply 13

I’ve still not heard back yet - making me anxious 😬 Do you know anyone else who was on the reserve list.
I’ve still not heard back yet - making me anxious 😬 Do you know anyone else who was on the reserve list.

I don't sorry. No idea what's going on. They didn't reply to my last email.
Reply 15
I don't sorry. No idea what's going on. They didn't reply to my last email.

Hopefully they will soon. Did they give a deadline on their last email to respond by?
They got back to me, said no roles left in my areas and that I'm on the reserve list. Said if a role comes up that they'll contact people in merit order. If you haven't heard it might be worth sending an email to see what's going on with yours.
Reply 17
They got back to me, said no roles left in my areas and that I'm on the reserve list. Said if a role comes up that they'll contact people in merit order. If you haven't heard it might be worth sending an email to see what's going on with yours.

That’s a shout. I’ll email them to know what to expect, thank you!
They take a few days to respond so hopefully will be prior to Xmas.
Reply 19
They take a few days to respond so hopefully will be prior to Xmas.

Hopefully, fingers crossed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending