The Student Room Group

Trump backs Brexit, urges Europeans to ‘reconsider’ EU membership

A Trump spokesperson has reaffirmed the presumptive Republican nominee’s support for a Brexit, claiming he is “very much in favor of countries doing what is best for them and their people.”

“America is here because of its own little Brexit,” the real estate mogul’s national spokesperson Katrina Pierson said in an interview with Sky News on Tuesday.

“Frankly when we look at the global economy we have to take a step back and reconsider with everything the way it is today financially, globally that countries do need to re-evaluate their own standings and what is best for them.”

Pierson’s comments come ahead of Trump’s planned visit to the United Kingdom. The former Apprentice host is expected to fly to Scotland for the ceremonial opening of his Turnberry golf course a day after Britain’s referendum on European Union membership.

Last month, Trump suggested the UK would be better off outside the EU, citing high levels of migration.

“I think the migration has been a horrible thing for Europe. A lot of that was pushed by the EU. I would say that they’re better off without it personally, but I’m not making that as a recommendation just my feeling,” he told Fox News.

Read More:
https://www.rt.com/uk/347726-trump-brexit-referendum-eu/
Trump and Obama are doing nobody any favours by trying to interfere with UK politics. Obama pushed us towards Leave with his veiled threats and now Trump's going to shove us back towards Remain because let's face it, who would want to agree with Trump on anything?
Agree, Trump is straight talking and cuts out the politically correct ********.
Trump will be the next president in my opinion, so his opinion is important
This is the same guy who thinks that banning all Muslims from entering the USA is going to somehow stop domestic, US-born Muslims from becoming radicalised.
The same guy who would've made more money if he had put use of his father's inheritance and will have made more money than he did in real estate.
The same guy who doesn't know ISIL's leader's name.
The same guy who tried to sue Bill Maher for $5 million because he made a joke.

I think you are at an all time low for thinking that his economic and political expertise is even quotable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending