The Student Room Group

Accused of GCSE plagiarism

Hello, I'm new here. In my GCSE Media coursework I have been accused of plagiarism, I may have copied/re-wrote in my own words some of the sheets, which I and other students may have copied/wrote similar things to. To clarify, we were given the same sheet, in which we each used for information, and as this was 18 months ago, I do not know how much of my own work it is, this sheet of information cannot be found online. I've had a meeting about it, and they said its down to the examiners. What will happen to me? I am completely innocent, yet fear disqualification and worse consequences. Does anybody have any experience with this sort of thing? Do you know the likely outcome? Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance. To the greatest of my knowledge, I am in no way guilts of plagiarism, will there be consequences, for what I see as nothing, and can I appeal these potential consequences?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by AnonymousDagger
Hello, I'm new here. In my GCSE Media coursework I have been accused of plagiarism, I may have copied/re-wrote in my own words some of the sheets, which I and other students may have copied/wrote similar things to. I've had a meeting about it, and they said its down to the examiners. What will happen to me? I am completely innocent, yet fear disqualification and worse consequences. Does anybody have any experience with this sort of thing? Do you know the likely outcome? Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance.

You aren't innocent??? You just admitted to plagiarism in this post...

Teh worse that can happen is that you get disqualified from all your exams on that board along with the person you copied.
For my GCSE Science Coursework they made me come to school to sign a sheet which allowed me to declare that I did not plagiarize or copy anything from the internet or anybody else. The worse that could happen to you is that you could get disqualified from that course and the other ones that you have if they are on the same exam board as media but I doubt it will go to that length. You'll be fine don't worry.
I am innocent. We were all given sheets, around 18 months ago, that many of us, I am sure will have wrote similar things to. The sheet can not be found on the Internet, so no fear on that front, I did not copy word-for-word, yet I used the sheet for information all the same, as was the logical thing to do. Plagiarism is passing another's work off as mine own, I have done no such thing and therefore by very definition, I am not guilty.
Thanks, I'm just worried that I have 2 other GCSE's under that board, 2 other GCSE's in hoping to do rather well in.
A bit late can u tell me what happened because I have been accused of plagiarism in just 1 paragraph in my imedia coursework

Quick Reply

Latest