The Student Room Group

Drugstore makeup help?

I'm looking for a few bits to add to my makeup collection, but I'm not sure what is best.

- Best drugstore foundation for oily, acne prone skin? I'm white, but have a more olive tone to my skin so I'm yet to find a foundation that isn't too pink
- A good contour kit, with cooler toned contour colours, all the ones I have are too warm toned so are better for bronzing
- Nude, matte lipstick - I want a true, browny nude, not a pink peach ones that I constantly come across
- Eyeliner that is easy to use and stays put for ages (also any tips on how to get a really crisp sharp wing?)
- Highlight powder that is more cool toned, so white/silver rather than gold/rose gold, and not shimmery
- A good, cool toned brown brow powder, I have a kit from Makeup Revolution and that is very warm toned, looks almost orange

Thanks!
Original post by danuuutka
I'm looking for a few bits to add to my makeup collection, but I'm not sure what is best.

- Best drugstore foundation for oily, acne prone skin? I'm white, but have a more olive tone to my skin so I'm yet to find a foundation that isn't too pink
- A good contour kit, with cooler toned contour colours, all the ones I have are too warm toned so are better for bronzing
- Nude, matte lipstick - I want a true, browny nude, not a pink peach ones that I constantly come across
- Eyeliner that is easy to use and stays put for ages (also any tips on how to get a really crisp sharp wing?)
- Highlight powder that is more cool toned, so white/silver rather than gold/rose gold, and not shimmery
- A good, cool toned brown brow powder, I have a kit from Makeup Revolution and that is very warm toned, looks almost orange

Thanks!

No7 foundation is brilliant for warm toned/olive skin. I've yet to find a drugstore foundation which is so natural looking.
Sleek do a brilliant browny pink liquid lipstick.
To get a sharp wing on your eyeliner I'd say either get a felt tip or use an eyeliner brush. A makeup corrector is also useful in eliminating any smudges.

Quick Reply

Latest