Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for a few bits to add to my makeup collection, but I'm not sure what is best.

- Best drugstore foundation for oily, acne prone skin? I'm white, but have a more olive tone to my skin so I'm yet to find a foundation that isn't too pink
    - A good contour kit, with cooler toned contour colours, all the ones I have are too warm toned so are better for bronzing
    - Nude, matte lipstick - I want a true, browny nude, not a pink peach ones that I constantly come across
    - Eyeliner that is easy to use and stays put for ages (also any tips on how to get a really crisp sharp wing?)
    - Highlight powder that is more cool toned, so white/silver rather than gold/rose gold, and not shimmery
    - A good, cool toned brown brow powder, I have a kit from Makeup Revolution and that is very warm toned, looks almost orange

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danuuutka)
    I'm looking for a few bits to add to my makeup collection, but I'm not sure what is best.

- Best drugstore foundation for oily, acne prone skin? I'm white, but have a more olive tone to my skin so I'm yet to find a foundation that isn't too pink
    - A good contour kit, with cooler toned contour colours, all the ones I have are too warm toned so are better for bronzing
    - Nude, matte lipstick - I want a true, browny nude, not a pink peach ones that I constantly come across
    - Eyeliner that is easy to use and stays put for ages (also any tips on how to get a really crisp sharp wing?)
    - Highlight powder that is more cool toned, so white/silver rather than gold/rose gold, and not shimmery
    - A good, cool toned brown brow powder, I have a kit from Makeup Revolution and that is very warm toned, looks almost orange

Thanks!
    No7 foundation is brilliant for warm toned/olive skin. I've yet to find a drugstore foundation which is so natural looking.
    Sleek do a brilliant browny pink liquid lipstick.
    To get a sharp wing on your eyeliner I'd say either get a felt tip or use an eyeliner brush. A makeup corrector is also useful in eliminating any smudges.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.