The Student Room Group

Help with Photography

What objects could represent modern life? I'm trying to do old vs new, and am struggling to find objects or scenes which scream modern
Moblie phones is a good one or maybe something to do with AI and virtual reality.
Original post by StingRay66
Moblie phones is a good one or maybe something to do with AI and virtual reality.

thank you
Original post by person978978
thank you

Your welcome
Original post by person978978
What objects could represent modern life? I'm trying to do old vs new, and am struggling to find objects or scenes which scream modern

Hi @person978978,

I study photography at Chester university and I’m currently in my second year! I’d say using iPhones or other tech would be a great idea but, have you thought about looking into the history of certain objects? Makeup for example, you could photograph modern makeup products or beauty products that differ to what was used historically perhaps in some sort of diptych or triptych.

You could also reflect personality and looks through inanimate of objects which could project old/modern ideas. For example you could use a piece of fruit maybe an apple - one old and stale, another covered in lipstick or mascara or whatnot. Something more conceptual with deeper meaning. This always makes a photograph more interesting and perhaps less obvious than how others might perceive the word “modern”

Hope this helps and gives you some more ideas!
Ellie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending