The Student Room Group

Acne

I have cystic acne and it’s all over my cheeks and I have a new job and I’ve worn makeup two days and feel so tired of getting up super early just to look put together. Don’t even start with skincare I’ve tried almost everything and accutane was not offered to me as they didn’t classify it as severe enough even though my acne is scarring my skin.

I want to be confident in wearing no makeup does anyone share the same experience?
you might want to go to your gp again if it’s leading to scarring.. i was prescribed adapalene (and anti-biotics at one point) for mild-moderate acne, so even if you don’t get acutane specifically, they should at least offer you some medication / refer you to a dermatologist.

when it comes to skincare, sometimes less is more. i learned the hard way that more =/= better. right now, i just use a cleanser and moisturiser. you shouldn’t be using exfoliants every day or anything. when i run out i’m gna switch my routine to upcircle, probably.
Reply 2
Original post by taylors_version
you might want to go to your gp again if it’s leading to scarring.. i was prescribed adapalene (and anti-biotics at one point) for mild-moderate acne, so even if you don’t get acutane specifically, they should at least offer you some medication / refer you to a dermatologist.

when it comes to skincare, sometimes less is more. i learned the hard way that more =/= better. right now, i just use a cleanser and moisturiser. you shouldn’t be using exfoliants every day or anything. when i run out i’m gna switch my routine to upcircle, probably.

I have used the antibiotics and I find they work temporarily but afterwards my skin just becomes bad again. So I don’t know if I should go back on them they also made me feel really sick
Original post by Anonymous
I have used the antibiotics and I find they work temporarily but afterwards my skin just becomes bad again. So I don’t know if I should go back on them they also made me feel really sick

yeah in that case maybe not antibiotics, unless your gp is sure that they would help. keep talking to your doctors, because you are entitled to receive care. i’ve had acne since i was 11 or 12 (i’m now 17) the main thing is to know your own skin, and treat it well.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 4
Have you tried benzoyl peroxide or treclin? I had quite bad acne a few months ago but I've used Treclin on my face every night and it has cleared up my acne up quite a bit
Original post by saraszymo
Have you tried benzoyl peroxide or treclin? I had quite bad acne a few months ago but I've used Treclin on my face every night and it has cleared up my acne up quite a bit

i’ve never heard of treclin before is it prescription only?
maybe i’ll switch over to it from adapalene if my gp thinks it’ll help.

Quick Reply

Latest