The Student Room Group

GLS training contract application

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard back following the VRT?
Original post by suzylaw
Has anyone heard back following the VRT?

I don't think anyone will have heard back about VRT results yet. It states on their website results will be announced tomorrow afternoon/evening, along with an invite to complete CRT if you pass VRT.
Original post by lawyerwanabe
I don't think anyone will have heard back about VRT results yet. It states on their website results will be announced tomorrow afternoon/evening, along with an invite to complete CRT if you pass VRT.

Which website is that? For some reason, I don't know where to look.
Thanks sorry I haven't been able to get on the website - good luck!
Original post by lawyerwanabe
Original post by Gaarge1984
Which website is that? For some reason, I don't know where to look.

Follow this link:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/government-legal-service-gls-legal-trainee-scheme-how-to-apply--2#timetable
I've just found out I've made it onto the CRT.
Hi Gaarage,

Same! :smile: What are you doing to apply for the CRT?
I've just found out I've made it onto the CRT.
Original post by suzylaw
Hi Gaarage,

Same! :smile: What are you doing to apply for the CRT?

Hey Suzylaw, Congratulations! I hope we both get through to the assessment stage.

In terms of preparation, it looks like you can practice some tests here by Talent Lens: https://www.pearson.com/uk/industry-and-professionals/talent-assessment-with-talentlens.html

Other than that, I guess my only plan is to take the test in the morning, when my brain is fresh.

Gaarge
Thanks :smile: I'm finding the tests quite difficult to be honest. Let me know how you get on!
Hey Suzylaw, Congratulations! I hope we both get through to the assessment stage.

In terms of preparation, it looks like you can practice some tests here by Talent Lens: https://www.pearson.com/uk/industry-and-professionals/talent-assessment-with-talentlens.html

Other than that, I guess my only plan is to take the test in the morning, when my brain is fresh.

Gaarge
Original post by suzylaw
Thanks :smile: I'm finding the tests quite difficult to be honest. Let me know how you get on!

I know what you mean. I still think it’s a funny way to filter people out. I mean, 3 separate tests. Surely one would be enough?
Original post by suzylaw

This site is really good btw: https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/watson-glaser-critical-thinking.htm

Once you've completed the practice test, all the answers are given with explanations. I found it very helpful.

G
It just seems so strange they haven't even looked at our applications, could end up with a load of really bad candidates that are really good at random tests in the ACs! Ah cheers ty so much :smile:

This site is really good btw: https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/watson-glaser-critical-thinking.htm

Once you've completed the practice test, all the answers are given with explanations. I found it very helpful.

G
Hi everyone,

Apologies for joining the thread so late- I’ve made it onto the CRT this year and I’m just wondering whether anyone knows how many questions we will be answering in the 30 min test? I felt quiet pressed for time during the VRT so I want to prepare myself. Thanks!
Hi Swizzle,

I didn't realise it was 30 minutes I thought it was an hour to be honest! Relieved - we know there is 5 sections, I think possibly 5 per section as that is what I seem to be coming across in the practice. Don't take my word for it though as I have no clue! Good Luck! :smile:

Original post by SwizzleSticks
Hi everyone,

Apologies for joining the thread so late- I’ve made it onto the CRT this year and I’m just wondering whether anyone knows how many questions we will be answering in the 30 min test? I felt quiet pressed for time during the VRT so I want to prepare myself. Thanks!
Hi Everyone,

I know its timed but does anyone know that if you do the questions in a shorter time if it makes a difference on your percentile score? Or should we be using every second we get??
Original post by suzylaw
Hi Everyone,

I know its timed but does anyone know that if you do the questions in a shorter time if it makes a difference on your percentile score? Or should we be using every second we get??

Use every second you get.
Thanks, always been a fan by the way

Original post by SirAlexFerguson
Use every second you get.
As far as I know there is no score based on timing it’s just about getting the most answers right relative to other candidates so use every second you have. I think I nearly ran out of time so move quickly if you are confident with the answer.
Thanks :smile: completing it tonight as no point stressing any longer - will let you know whatever the outcome!

Original post by CarteretWeb
As far as I know there is no score based on timing it’s just about getting the most answers right relative to other candidates so use every second you have. I think I nearly ran out of time so move quickly if you are confident with the answer.
hi! does anyone have an tips for the GLS assessment centre? questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending