The Student Room Group

EO DWP Conditional offer West London campaign

Anyone got updates. I was on the reserve list and then got an email asking if I would consider another jobcentre. Got offer :/. They phoned us today to say they will offer a conditional contact so we can start work before the checks have cleared as it's taken long because they are recruiting 1000s.

Anyone get a similar offer ? Anyone starting anywhere in London?
(edited 5 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Lucyxsa
Anyone got updates. I was on the reserve list and then got an email asking if I would consider another jobcentre. Got offer for Kingston:/. They phoned us today to say they will offer a conditional contact so we can start work before the checks have cleared as it's taken long because they are recruiting 1000s.

Anyone get a similar offer ? Anyone starting Kingston? Or anywhere in London?

What number did they call from, I had a miss call today ?
Reply 2
It was a 0800 number I think If I remember
Reply 3
Original post by Lucyxsa

I think I received a miss call, hopefully they will call back tomorrow
Reply 4
Original post by Sdee1
I think I received a miss call, hopefully they will call back tomorrow

Have you been offered a different jobcentre to the one you originally choose?

They will ask you if you are happy to start work before your checks come through.

It's 7 weeks training
Reply 5
Original post by Lucyxsa
Have you been offered a different jobcentre to the one you originally choose?

They will ask you if you are happy to start work before your checks come through.

It's 7 weeks training

Yes I got offered another Jobcentre and I had started the pre employment checks but haven’t heard anything since that was probs about 2 weeks ago
Reply 6
Original post by Sdee1
What number did they call from, I had a miss call today ?

08000232635 is the recruitment teams number they will most probably call you back to let you know that they want to offer you a conditional offer and give you more information about a potential start date
Reply 7
Original post by Sdee1
Yes I got offered another Jobcentre and I had started the pre employment checks but haven’t heard anything since that was probs about 2 weeks ago

You should been fine no news is good news checks take around 2-4 weeks or quicker as long as your counter-signatory reference and employment references are adequate you should be okay references are sent out by a automated system hopefully you receive a call from the recruitment team (08000232635) and receive a conditional offer upon your references are satisfactory and a start date let me know how it goes ❤️ Good luck, keep positive
Reply 8
Original post by Lucyxsa

The number is 0800 023 2635
Reply 9
Original post by Lucyxsa
Anyone got updates. I was on the reserve list and then got an email asking if I would consider another jobcentre. Got offer for Kingston:/. They phoned us today to say they will offer a conditional contact so we can start work before the checks have cleared as it's taken long because they are recruiting 1000s.

Yes exactly the same situation as you!
Reply 10
Got the call on Thursday and they offered me the conditional offer, I start in December
Reply 11
Original post by Sdee1
Got the call on Thursday and they offered me the conditional offer, I start in December

Did they say a date in December? They just said to me now I accepted the offer , they will send out conditional contract probably end of next week. Which jobcentre?
Reply 12
Original post by Lucyxsa
Did they say a date in December? They just said to me now I accepted the offer , they will send out conditional contract probably end of next week. Which jobcentre?

4th December, Fulham.
Reply 13
Original post by Sdee1
4th December, Fulham.

U lucky , I put Fulham first and Kingston 2nd . I should have only just out Fulham because Kingston is a mission from London. Did they tell you it's 7 weeks training ? I heard some people will do the training online at home .
Reply 14
Original post by Lucyxsa

4th December, training is 7 weeks and I got told the pay went up 😊
Reply 15
Original post by Lucyxsa
U lucky , I put Fulham first and Kingston 2nd . I should have only just out Fulham because Kingston is a mission from London. Did they tell you it's 7 weeks training ? I heard some people will do the training online at home .

Yes training is 7 weeks, I'm going to query about training at home because I'm part time and having to come In everyday for something that is virtual is a bit much .
Reply 16
Original post by flygirl22
4th December, training is 7 weeks and I got told the pay went up 😊

Are you Fullam too? Did they send the contract out yet? Yes he told me pay is just under 34k now. He said once I accept the conditional contract, they will contact me end of next week. I'm thinking maybe different job centres have different start dates .
Reply 17
Original post by Lucyxsa
Are you Fullam too? Did they send the contract out yet? Yes he told me pay is just under 34k now. He said once I accept the conditional contract, they will contact me end of next week. I'm thinking maybe different job centres have different start dates .

No hun am at Harlesden and my start date is the 4th December my online portal has changed to “We are currently updating your application. We will provide further updates in due course has your portal changed to that as well? I was told a formal contract will be sent out by the end of next week so I am assuming everybody will start on the 4th December in different locations for the next 7 weeks for training
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 18
Yh I just checked it says "We are currently updating your application" on the phone he basically said that because all the checks are taking long , they will offer people the chance to start before Xmas . Maybe he forgot to mention the 4th of December but he did say about the contracts thing next week. Do you need to travel far to get to to Harlsden? Mine is 45 min train .. I wish we could do that online training at home lol. I think he said the hours are like 930 till 4 as we will finish early most days. I think da training will be the fun part and we should enjoy it while it last before the work starts haha
Original post by Lucyxsa

Thanks for this info I’m East Anglia (great Yarmouth Lowestoft Norwich) and yesterday received score and feedback of 25 and told I’m on the reserve list (6 weeks since submitting my interview).

Thanks for tip re potentially getting a call to be offered other offices etc.

Can anyone else share their scores and potential offers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending