The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1
I'm quite certain there is, but I don't know at what cost.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
In certain colleges you can rent your room for the entire academic year, including vacations. Althought it costs more, it's worth it if you're international. I know Hatfield does it, but you'll need to speak to your College.
Reply 3
thanks alot! im guessing i will find out the best option when the time comes....cheers though!
Reply 4
I was reading the new 2008 prospectus, and it says that it's 120 pounds per week over the vacations, and I think that price is the same regardless of your purpose for the room (ie, storage or living). And that'd total nearly a grand or so.

BUT, I contacted Collingwood about this issue earlier, and I have it confirmed that it's 500 pounds for Christmas + Easter, minus two weeks, which cost 86 pounds each, for a total of 672 pounds.

So, maybe they've decided to change the price for the 2008 year? I have no idea, best to e-mail Hild Bede. And if you do, do relay their response.
Reply 5
You can have extended let, which would allow you to keep your room. You can get it after you arrive, though, and that is probably a better idea as I had padlockable cupboards in my room and always left loads of stuff in them in the holidays. Technically it's not allowed but I think HB only says that so they have no legal responsibility over your stuff - most people I knew did it. I don't know if all rooms have those cupboards but like I said you may as well wait till you get there and find out.

Latest