The Student Room Group

Can someone help me with a calculation?

This is regarding, the two test I've taken for maths GCSE (Foundation) I never did maths when I was younger, I had to pretty much do a 6 month course for everything starting from scratch. I've done my two tests for Foundation maths GCSE 2016 and the first one I did really terribly in I think, the nerves took over, I wasn't used to such an environment. I say best case scenario I got 50%
The second one I feel as though I did better, I knew what to expect and I stayed calm and collected throughout. I would say best case scenario it would be 80%.

First exam is 80 marks and is worth 40%, The second exam is 120 and is worth 60 %. The past two grade boundries for this qualification has been 139 and 144.

Can someone please help me figure out if I have possibly scraped by at all. And if not, is there still a chance for a University to take you in considering the fact that you have achieved the course grades they have asked you. in my case it was DDM and I've gotten DDM. Is there cases, where universities have taken in students with D's? Can someone please help me, just for peace of mind if nothing else.
Original post by DimitriKy
This is regarding, the two test I've taken for maths GCSE (Foundation) I never did maths when I was younger, I had to pretty much do a 6 month course for everything starting from scratch. I've done my two tests for Foundation maths GCSE 2016 and the first one I did really terribly in I think, the nerves took over, I wasn't used to such an environment. I say best case scenario I got 50%
The second one I feel as though I did better, I knew what to expect and I stayed calm and collected throughout. I would say best case scenario it would be 80%.

First exam is 80 marks and is worth 40%, The second exam is 120 and is worth 60 %. The past two grade boundries for this qualification has been 139 and 144.

Can someone please help me figure out if I have possibly scraped by at all. And if not, is there still a chance for a University to take you in considering the fact that you have achieved the course grades they have asked you. in my case it was DDM and I've gotten DDM. Is there cases, where universities have taken in students with D's? Can someone please help me, just for peace of mind if nothing else.

0.5 * (40) + (0.8*60) *(200/100) = 136. In your best case you'd be looking at 136.

But don't worry, you could've miscounted or they may award you more marks than you think (through raw or UMS)

Can't answer your second bit, but good luck nonetheless :h:

Quick Reply

Latest