The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
My uncle is the cheif electrical engineer of a certain place in Cumbria (its very large too and has some what a reputation), another uncle used to own one of the biggest butcher chians in the North West but now he only has one shop.

I don't think anybody in my family has unsual jobs though, there is certainly no actors or rock stars in my family.
Invisible
My mum doesn't work as she has mental problems/disorders, and my dad is unemployed and doesn't live with me anyway.

EDIT: As for me, not sure about future occupation, but I'd like to do my Physics degree at Oxford and see what road there is to take from there that appeals to me.

Money isn't important, and remember that you selfish, greedy, irresponsible, money grabbing bas*ards.

same bday...same avatar :biggrin: !!! Good boy.
Reply 42
Dad's the MD of a multinational chemical company, Mum's a primary school teacher.

Student.

Undecided, perhaps network consultancy, as long as I enjoy it and live comfortably that'll do me.
1) my dad designs computer chips...and my mum works in a departmental store..

2) i currently work in a supermarket (im 17)

3)in the future im doing marine biology in the navy!!
pinkfairy
Lots of random threads floating about in this section so here's mine.

1) What are you parents occupation?

2) If you're an older member please state your occupation, if it's anything unusual :biggrin: tell us more...

3) This question applies to everyone. What job would you like (be realistic) to do in the future?

my mum is an accountant and my dad is an administrator. i would like to be a doctor.
Reply 45
My dad is a chartered accountant and my mum is a special needs teacher. I have no idea what I'm going to do when I graduate, but it will probably be something wildly obscure that I don't even know exists yet.
Reply 46
1) My parents own their own company, I'm not saying what it's called.
2) I'm a student, plus work for my parents when it entails a free holiday :smile:
3) Would like to get my degree (maybe a masters too) then eventually move into financial management before owning my own business...property development would be cool.
Reply 47
1) My father owns a Shoe Sole Company.

2) Mother used to be a univ Prof. and now runs a few shoe stores with a friend.

3) No jobs for the momment. Waiting to finnish the master and then I hope a i can get a good job in the Telecom Industry :rolleyes:
Reply 48
My mom works as a log scaler (measures logs) and my Dad works with retarded people.

I currently work at an autobody shop

Id like to be in the British army when i get older, as an officer.
pinkfairy

2) If you're an older member please state your occupation, if it's anything unusual :biggrin: tell us more...

3) This question applies to everyone. What job would you like (be realistic) to do in the future?

Well, my dad is a special needs teacher and ICT co-ordinator at a private dyslexia school and also runs his own home tutition company.
My mother is senior activities co-ordinator at an old peoples home.
I wish to be a network consultant.
Reply 50
my mum doesnt work
my dad works in london for a stock company and i have no idea wot he does there! global head of managment or sumthin?!
oh and i will be famous :tongue:
My dad is an accountant and my mum is a librarian in a criminal records library

I am still a student. I do some tutoring of GCSE students to make ends meet.

I would like to be a research scientist but realistically I might starve trying. So unless I can get a good postdoc, I will probably move into another area.
Reply 52
1) What are you parents occupation? Mum is a waitress, Dad works for the Post Office.

2) If you're an older member please state your occupation, if it's anything unusual :biggrin: tell us more... Civil Servant - jobbing before medical school in September

3) This question applies to everyone. What job would you like (be realistic) to do in the future? Either an Oncology Consultant or a Palliative Medicine Consultant
Reply 53
pinkfairy

1)Construct houses out of cookie dough.
2)I'm a gingerbread man.
3)Bake cookies all day.
This thread is completely pointless although I find it funny how some of you deem your parent's occupations too important to mention over the internet.
1. My dad's a law teacher, my step-mum's a maths teacher and my mum was a psychreatric nurse but ironically can't work anymore beause she's mentally ill.

2. I have no job....

3. Primary school teacher.
Ralfskini
This thread is completely pointless.
But isn't that the point of 'General chat'? Most of the threads here are, people seem to enjoy talking about 'pointless' stuff (and to be honest so do I occasionally!).
waiting2smile
But isn't that the point? Most of the threads here are, people seem to enjoy talking about 'pointless' stuff (and to be honest so do I occasionally!).

I never thought you would be one of these annoying people complaining about every thread! :eek: :tongue:
tis_me_lord
I never thought you would be one of these annoying people complaining about every thread! :eek: :tongue:

Complaining? Moi? I just half admitted I liked this thread - it's more sensible than half the things in here. And I don't think you can complain much about the content in the Gen Chat forum...what else is its function apart from being well a place for...general things?!
1) dad's a private sector housing manager and mum's a senior housing services adviser. both work for the council.

2) not old, but i used to work for debenhams as a cleaner/waitress

3) translator or working for an environmental protection agency/charity

Latest

Trending

Trending