The Student Room Group

GCSE & A level results

Please post below both your GCSE and A levels results as I would like to know whether GCSE results determine your A Level results
I'm not sure how useful this will be as the way GCSEs and A Levels are graded is changing, but I got:

GCSE: AAAAABBBBB
A Level: ABB

I don't think GCSE results are really a good indicator of what you'll get at A Level, since they are very different, in terms of workload, content complexity, and also number of subjects (you'll obviously be studying fewer subjects at A Level, and they're likely to be the ones which interest you more as you can choose them). Just do your best at all of your subjects, and you'll be fine :smile:
I got 4As 2Bs 1D and 1F at GCSE (1 B,D and F were compulsory at our school so I HAD to endure them)I haven't done A2 yet but for AS I got:BCC where Cs were about 20 UMS away from from a B grade.
I have friends who've done better than me at GCSE who got a bit worse grades than me in AS and some others who got equal or slighly less/more than me in GCSE and quite better than me in AS(One who got AAC)
I got only 6 GCSE's due to medical reasons, 3A*'s, 2A's and 1B and I got BBBBC for my AS levels.

I must admit that I was surprised today as good GCSE's really don't correspond to A-level results. I know people who've gone from 12A*'s to ABBCD-BBBCD so it's really quite hard to predict. Even mock grades don't seem to correspond to actual grades in A-level!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Leviathan1741
I'm not sure how useful this will be as the way GCSEs and A Levels are graded is changing, but I got:

GCSE: AAAAABBBBB
A Level: ABB

I don't think GCSE results are really a good indicator of what you'll get at A Level, since they are very different, in terms of workload, content complexity, and also number of subjects (you'll obviously be studying fewer subjects at A Level, and they're likely to be the ones which interest you more as you can choose them). Just do your best at all of your subjects, and you'll be fine :smile:

If you achieve great a level results but 'okay' GCSEs will you be able to get accepted into courses like dentistry?
For example if they require an A in eng GCSE but you have only a B however have achieved A/A* at ALevel
Original post by Fatimabibi_
If you achieve great a level results but 'okay' GCSEs will you be able to get accepted into courses like dentistry?
For example if they require an A in eng GCSE but you have only a B however have achieved A/A* at ALevel

It's up to the university as to whether they would accept you. If they require an A in GCSE English but you got a B, then there's a possibility they would reject you

Quick Reply

Latest