The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Depends on the quality of the file :rolleyes:
zero, if there's a really long song
Reply 3
its about 60 megs (mp3) for an album

1024 megs in a gig.

you do the math
Well if each song is 3MB each on average and there's about 15 tracks on each album, that's 500 songs or just over 33 albums.
Reply 5
I have a 25 minute long song, and that's only 20mb or so, and at 128kb.

In short, your average CD Quality album is around 60-70 mb, so approximately 23 albums.
Is this a quiz? :smile:

I'd say 16

timaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
It could be anything really. It depends on the encoding bitrate which you transfer the CDs at, either 128kbps, 160kbps or 192kbps.

That's number of kilo-bits per second, you divide by 8 to get the number of kilo-bytes. And 1024kB (kilobytes) in 1MB, and 1024MB in 1GB.
Reply 9
ok, you lot sound vaguely intelligent and knowledgable about these sort of things, how would I go about putting cds onto my computer in WMA format to put on an mp3 player? I've heard that mp3 is the most compressed sound and I'm much more interested in sound quality than number of albums!

I've just bought (eeeek!) a Creative labs Muvo 2 4gb player, but when it arrives I want to be ready to put everything on it.

cheers me dears

hohum x
hohum
ok, you lot sound vaguely intelligent and knowledgable about these sort of things, how would I go about putting cds onto my computer in WMA format to put on an mp3 player? I've heard that mp3 is the most compressed sound and I'm much more interested in sound quality than number of albums!

I've just bought (eeeek!) a Creative labs Muvo 2 4gb player, but when it arrives I want to be ready to put everything on it.

cheers me dears

hohum x
Hmmmmmmm, you want to do WMA? Try using Windows Media player and clicking "Copy from CD" which will "rip" your songs to WMA, then you can use "Copy to CD or device" to transfer them on to your MP3 player when it comes. That's if you definately want to use WMA.

Windows Media Player will put your songs in its "Media library" which is kept in My Music in your My Documents folder.

And something else to consider - does your PC have USB2? It probably does if it's pretty new. My uncle has to use USB1 to transfer stuff on to his MP3 player, about 11GB, and he has to leave it overnight because it's so slow! So if you don't have USB2 you can suffer with really slow transfer rates (each song taking a few seconds) or get a PCI card to upgrade.
Reply 11
Depends on how you record it. Example using LP3 format I can fit 130Mb on about 40% of a 74Mb MD. :smile:
Reply 12
hohum

cheers me dears

hohum x

Most likely wma files will not be compatible with an MP3 player (there are some exceptions). Change the wma file to an mp3 at 192kbs and there should be no problem with quality. Or even better, record / download the song as a 192 mp3 player to start with.

Latest

Trending

Trending