The Student Room Group

Formatting Errors Uni

I have submitted an assessment but have made an error which I have only just noticed. In the brief under formatting in a small note it says to not include subheadings, which I did not see before I submitted, and have consequently included subheadings. I know this may reduce my grade in terms of formatting, but I was just checking it’s not too bad of an error/mistake to fail or anything as I overthink aha
Reply 1
It will reduce your grade though how much will depend on the rest of the essay and whether there are any other oversights. If everything else follows the brief, you'll be fine.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by cheadle
It will reduce your grade though how much will depend on the rest of the essay and whether there are any other oversights. If everything else follows the brief, you'll be fine.

Yeah everything else follows the brief it’s just the subheadings which I just unfortunately missed when reading the brief, cheers for the reassurance it’s much appreciated 😂
Original post by Anonymous
I have submitted an assessment but have made an error which I have only just noticed. In the brief under formatting in a small note it says to not include subheadings, which I did not see before I submitted, and have consequently included subheadings. I know this may reduce my grade in terms of formatting, but I was just checking it’s not too bad of an error/mistake to fail or anything as I overthink aha

Hi anon!

Some universities have a policy where you can re-upload an amended document and the tutor will mark the second document. However, I think that the second upload would have to be before the submission time/deadline and not after the deadline.

In terms of marks, you may want to check to see if there has been a marking rubric that has been released. The rubric may gave you an indication as to how many marks you may lose due to the formatting error.
If it's only the subheadings that is the issue then you may only lose a few marks. You may want to speak to your personal tutor or the tutor that is marking the assignment for some reassurance.

I hope this has been of some help!
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions :smile:
Aaliya ~ 4th year pharmacy student ~ University of Huddersfield
Reply 4
Original post by University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Hi anon!

Some universities have a policy where you can re-upload an amended document and the tutor will mark the second document. However, I think that the second upload would have to be before the submission time/deadline and not after the deadline.

In terms of marks, you may want to check to see if there has been a marking rubric that has been released. The rubric may gave you an indication as to how many marks you may lose due to the formatting error.
If it's only the subheadings that is the issue then you may only lose a few marks. You may want to speak to your personal tutor or the tutor that is marking the assignment for some reassurance.

I hope this has been of some help!
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions :smile:
Aaliya ~ 4th year pharmacy student ~ University of Huddersfield

Thanks for your help!

Yeah it was a 3000 word portfolio assignment where we had to write about completely different topics within the reflection such as a section on theory, a personal reflection and two case studies so I naturally thought using subheadings was the way to go aha. I did actually read the formatting part as it asked for a 1.15 spacing instead of 1.5 which I did, but the subheadings note within the brief must have just gone completely over my head. At least I know for the next one now to read the formatting section of the brief carefully.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending