The Student Room Group

A level revision planning

Hey guys, my a level exams are in 1.5 months and I have literature written and oral (4 books to study), philosophy, maths and physics, history/ geography oral and written and General knowledge (an oral presentation) and another oral linked to a potential advancement in maths and physics in the future.
Literature, general knowledge and history/ geography are in may while the rest is in June.
Considering that I have to prepare my notes (in the format of the exam) and finalise my oral scripts and practice+learn the content for every subject.
What do you think is the best way to organize myself to be the most efficient and prepared? I want all A* btw
Reply 1
Original post by Twisted17
Hey guys, my a level exams are in 1.5 months and I have literature written and oral (4 books to study), philosophy, maths and physics, history/ geography oral and written and General knowledge (an oral presentation) and another oral linked to a potential advancement in maths and physics in the future.
Literature, general knowledge and history/ geography are in may while the rest is in June.
Considering that I have to prepare my notes (in the format of the exam) and finalise my oral scripts and practice+learn the content for every subject.
What do you think is the best way to organize myself to be the most efficient and prepared? I want all A* btw
I'd advise you to get hold of Jade Bowler's book -The only study guide you'll ever need. No, I'm not her agent, nor on commission, just found it quite helpful. Also check our some of her youtube vids. A general point I got from Jal Patel (Politics teacher) is that what you need for subjects like politics - so that means english, philos, and hist, is not necessarily lots of notes, but lots of roughly drafted (or better!) essay and short answers (whatever your board does) and revise from that. That gets you prepared for the exam itself. Hope that helps.
Reply 2
Original post by Fabb1960
I'd advise you to get hold of Jade Bowler's book -The only study guide you'll ever need. No, I'm not her agent, nor on commission, just found it quite helpful. Also check our some of her youtube vids. A general point I got from Jal Patel (Politics teacher) is that what you need for subjects like politics - so that means english, philos, and hist, is not necessarily lots of notes, but lots of roughly drafted (or better!) essay and short answers (whatever your board does) and revise from that. That gets you prepared for the exam itself. Hope that helps.

Yea that’s what I was also planning to do but thanks. Any advice on planning revision ? Cuz that’s what is tormenting my mind rn
Reply 3
Yea that’s what I was also planning to do but thanks. Any advice on planning revision ? Cuz that’s what is tormenting my mind rn
Yes, OK. So, make a list of what you need to know. Gather all your notes/material. Boil it down - diagrams, whatever method. All that, asap. Then, test yourself. 'Factual'/points recall, plus, vitally, applying it to past questions. Can do that last in quick format, or where time allows, full format, i.e.writing practice essays. But at this stage, that last may be of limited value. Go for it, best of luck.
Reply 4
Original post by Fabb1960
Yes, OK. So, make a list of what you need to know. Gather all your notes/material. Boil it down - diagrams, whatever method. All that, asap. Then, test yourself. 'Factual'/points recall, plus, vitally, applying it to past questions. Can do that last in quick format, or where time allows, full format, i.e.writing practice essays. But at this stage, that last may be of limited value. Go for it, best of luck.

Okay thanks I’ll try to do that, do you know any tips on how I should make the planning of what I’ll revise for what day ?

Quick Reply

Latest