The Student Room Group

The Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2017!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joris_Bohnson
As if anyone spends their time going through your posts. Kindly **** off.

I'm sure Mayer Brown will be delighted to find out about this kind of behaviour from a future vacation schemer.
Has anyone got some tips for the DWF telephone interview? Mines on Monday and I'm currently preparing but quite nervous about what to expect. Thanks 😀
I continue to be puzzled.

PFO from NRF. Interview with Akin Gump.
Original post by J-SP
They might not be able to do anything - but the worst they can say is no, and you haven't lost anything in the process.

Some of the things I have heard happening in these situations:

- Move you to another vac scheme date
- shorten a vac scheme so you can do both
- offer you some informal work shadowing instead or an open day
- transfer you across for a TC application so you don't have to apply again
- do the above and fast track your application to interview stage
- say there's nothing they can do, and just leave it with you to make a decision on which firm to accept

All of these options are better than just having to pick knowing I've not even tried to work it out. Thanks again.
Original post by Digsy
The one earlier this week. They haven't made their decision on all the candidates yet, plus there are two more assessment centres to come. Good luck!

Congrats dude - think we were on the same AC.

I'm still waiting and would totally kill for Kirkland.
Original post by Perks25
How long did it take Gibson to get back to you post-interview?

A few weeks in April 2016
Original post by Blahyblahness
A few weeks in April 2016

Oh. I have another offer that conflicts with GD dates and I'm not sure if I should wait or e-mail them to let them know : /
Eversheds were meant to let us know the outcome of the video interview by or on the 10th Feb. Still nothing! Anyone else?
Anyone done the Gowling WLG video interview?
Reply 3989
Hi I've been to Denton's interview in 2015. It was mostly competency based (i.e. how to face challenge; analytical skills; teamwork skills; example of teaching a skill to a team member etc.) but will at least have one commercial awareness question. Mine was tell about an interesting news piece (but don't worry too much as HR him/herself may not even have enough knowledge in the commercial area you talk about). I wasn't pass it but luckily got some valuable feedback from the HR. I was told they have many competitive candidates and will only choose the best from them. They prefer answers showing a whole picture of the example and you need to shine out in every question.

I'm about to have AC with BLP in March. Any hints or tips please?
Original post by Aspiring Lawyer
I'm sure Mayer Brown will be delighted to find out about this kind of behaviour from a future vacation schemer.

Mate your inferiority complex stinks from miles away you must have been bullied a lot. Also Mayer Brown would probably take his side considering your previous comments, and it is your firm that would perceive as a sore imbecile.
Anyone heard anything from Freshfields post-VS interview?
Reply 3992
Original post by geesebewithyou
Hi!

Can anyone shed light on the Dentons interview? They took so long to decide that I passed the watson glaser that I assumed I had failed it!! It says it will be competency and strengths based but I'm gonna prep commercial awareness anyway just in case. I really hope its just strengths and competency, my com awareness has always sucked.

I can exchange for info on HFW and Bond Dickinson and BLP assessment centres, and also for Hogan Lovells phone interview and video interviews for Ropes&Gray, Watson Farley, Bristows, Bond Dickinson :smile:

Hi I've been to Denton's interview in 2015. It was mostly competency based (i.e. how to face challenge; analytical skills; teamwork skills; example of teaching a skill to a team member etc.) but will at least have one commercial awareness question. Mine was tell about an interesting news piece (but don't worry too much as HR him/herself may not even have enough knowledge in the commercial area you talk about). I wasn't pass it but luckily got some valuable feedback from the HR. I was told they have many competitive candidates and will only choose the best from them. They prefer answers showing a whole picture of the example and you need to shine out in every question.

I'm about to have AC with BLP in March. Any hints or tips please?
Original post by Aspiring Lawyer

God you are the absolute worst
Original post by Lord_Jeggings
Mate your inferiority complex stinks from miles away you must have been bullied a lot. Also Mayer Brown would probably take his side considering your previous comments, and it is your firm that would perceive as a sore imbecile.

Jumping in here - Aspiring Lawyer - and you resurrected a thread below ( which I replied to ) from 2014 to be sacastic about someone's abilities - very strange
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by omega25
Anyone heard anything from Freshfields post-VS interview?

They told me yesterday (their last AC for summer VS) that we'll hear back from them by mid/late next week
Has anyone heard from Slaughter and May, Baker McKenzie, or Ashurst for TC apps?
Sidley Austin PFO. Sad day. And still no news from Gibson Dunn (they have sent out two-rounds of AC invitations, so expecting a PFO), Ropes and Gray, Morgan Lewis (they have sent out phone interview invitations), O'Melveny and Dechert (they sent out VI invitations already).
February is a month-long existential crisis for me haha.
Original post by AriaPark
Sidley Austin PFO. Sad day. And still no news from Gibson Dunn (they have sent out two-rounds of AC invitations, so expecting a PFO), Ropes and Gray, Morgan Lewis (they have sent out phone interview invitations), O'Melveny and Dechert (they sent out VI invitations already).
February is a month-long existential crisis for me haha.

Cheer up pal, this process is disgustingly competitive and most people get tonnes of rejections. PFO's are no sign you're a bad candidate. That said it's not over till it's over. Fingers crossed for you <3
Anyone heard from Mishcon (applying on / close to deadline day)?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending