The Student Room Group

The Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2017!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ma475
Yes, interview invite today. Absolutely bricking it.

Awesome! Well done!

When did you apply (and for which scheme)?
Reply 461
Original post by _Fergo
Awesome! Well done!

When did you apply (and for which scheme)?

Thanks. Applied a couple of weeks ago for a training contract. What have you applied for?
Reply 462
Original post by SCG99
7 days ago.

That's not too long then. Congrats!
Original post by ma475
Thanks. Applied a couple of weeks ago for a training contract. What have you applied for?

I applied for the Easter vac scheme - hopefully I'll hear soon.
Reply 464
Original post by _Fergo
I applied for the Easter vac scheme - hopefully I'll hear soon.

Fingers crossed! Good luck.
Anyone heard from Linklaters post WG?
How do you guys decide on whether you want to do a spring or summer vacation scheme with each specific firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 467
Anyone heard back from Squires?
Does anyone know what proportion of trainees Baker & McKenzie recruit from vac schemes and what proportion straight through TC apps? I am torn between making a last-minute vac scheme app, or just applying for an open day, going to their uni presentation, and then going straight for a TC, so would be useful to know.
Hey everyone, do you think there is still point in sending off 1 Winter VS application? The deadline (for this one) is the 31st of October. Would it be like sending an app at the very end of January? i.e. not a good thing to do
Reply 470
Anyone heard from Shearman & Sterling?
Original post by Anthony I
Hey everyone, do you think there is still point in sending off 1 Winter VS application? The deadline (for this one) is the 31st of October. Would it be like sending an app at the very end of January? i.e. not a good thing to do

If it's a strong application then it should still stand a chance. Could be too late but definitely worth the few hours it'll take to send it off.
Anyone heard from Jones Day about summer vac scheme?
Simmons & Simmons winter vac AC invite!
Only had one AC option left so I'm booked in on the 10th Nov - anyone else from here?
Reply 474
Original post by soph497
Only had one AC option left so I'm booked in on the 10th Nov - anyone else from here?

I only submitted my app on Tuesday, hope it's not too late. How long did it take them to send through the tests?
Original post by JKRP11
I only submitted my app on Tuesday, hope it's not too late. How long did it take them to send through the tests?

Hey, they sent the tests through 1-2 days after submitting the app, then more tests & the vid interview a few more days after that. Sure they are doing plenty of ACs in tranches. Good luck!
Original post by soph497
Hey, did mine yesterday. There are 5 questions; each has various elements, but you have 3 minutes to prepare (90 secs to answer, from memory). 1 was introductory, 3 were competency based and 1 commercial awareness. Overall you have plenty of time to prepare and answer so it was probably the best vid interview I've done, and the "intro" question eased the nerves. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! I've got to do my video interview in the next few days - just wondering if the intro question also requires a 90 sec answer? Thanks!
Reply 477
Original post by soph497

There's only 1 left? :O Does this mean its too late to do the video interview since spaces are filled up?
Original post by aosab
There's only 1 left? :O Does this mean its too late to do the video interview since spaces are filled up?

Doubtful! I'm sure they do batches

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Smiles(:
Hi i'm sorry to hear about ashurst, however i just wanted to ask when you applied? i applied on the 13/09 but still haven't heard back! Ps. if you get through to HSF and need any assessment centre advice i'm more than happy to help, although i was unsuccessful i can give you an indication of what to expect! All the best :smile:

Hey! I have an AC at HSF next week. Any advice would be HUGELY appreciated. I am really nervous!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending