The Student Room Group

Is sixth form as bad as they say? Are Alevels truly awful?

Scroll to see replies

You'll be fine
Original post by ForeverFrench
I'm not doing any As exams. There's a new system meaning I do all my exams in year13

You'll still sit AS exams you just wont get an AS qualification from them
Reply 22
I'm not doing any As exams. There's a new system meaning I do all my exams in year13

Of course. I feel old now
No I'm not doing As exams. I know what I'm doing. I won't be doing an exams in year12
Hi
Just what the title says really being reading some real horror stories and freaked myself out.
I'm taking
History
English Lit
R.S

Yes you are freaking yourself out. Pointless.
Nothing to worry about if you work hard and consistently

You get to study 3 subjects you like and the teachers are more interested..
Also a purpose in studying with a reward of the subject being used to get you into Uni if you wnat to go.
Original post by 999tigger
Yes you are freaking yourself out. Pointless.
Nothing to worry about if you work hard and consistently

You get to study 3 subjects you like and the teachers are more interested..
Also a purpose in studying with a reward of the subject being used to get you into Uni if you wnat to go.

I got 6A*s and 5A's at gcse
I got 6A*s and 5A's at gcse

Even less reason to be worried. You will do fine.
If you wnat to worry over nothing then go ahead, but almost everyone else wull be in a poorer academic position than you.
I honestly found sixth form and A levels a lot more enjoyable than GCSEs. I was doing 4 subjects I was good at and actually liked, and I didn't find the workload that hard (going from 11 to 4 subjects).I think it does depend on your subject choice, but generally speaking I think the hype is overrated.
Reply 28
Original post by TheTechN1304
I honestly found sixth form and A levels a lot more enjoyable than GCSEs. I was doing 4 subjects I was good at and actually liked, and I didn't find the workload that hard (going from 11 to 4 subjects).I think it does depend on your subject choice, but generally speaking I think the hype is overrated.

so do u think i can manage doing Math and Physics A level in One year

Quick Reply

Latest