The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Fleff
Well, I was discussing that with my mum... It isn't great... It's just longer than the average person is willing to walk. The 'great' is just there to make it sound more interesting...

I think the "Great" is just the bit that people associate with the established runs/walks sponsored by BUPA.

eg The Great North Run, Great South Run, Great Mancunian Run etc.

Me personally having never heard of this event, The Great North Walk, I would instantly think that maybe it too is presented in association with BUPA ?
Reply 21
Expression
I think the "Great" is just the bit that people associate with the established runs/walks sponsored by BUPA.

eg The Great North Run, Great South Run, Great Mancunian Run etc.

Me personally having never heard of this event, The Great North Walk, I would instantly think that maybe it too is presented in association with BUPA ?

I don't think it is associated with BUPA specifically :confused: ... I know it's to do with promoting health though... Tyne Tees TV (North East version of ITV1) always cover it... Hmmmmm...... :confused:
Fleff
I don't think it is associated with BUPA specifically :confused: ... I know it's to do with promoting health though... Tyne Tees TV (North East version of ITV1) always cover it... Hmmmmm...... :confused:

So it is.

It's organized by the same people who manage the BUPA Great North/South/Mancunian Runs, ("Great Run"/"Great Walk") just that this event isn't involved with BUPA.

Latest

Trending

Trending