The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

University of Bristol for biology or university of Exeter for medical sciences?

I’m not huge on night life or necessarily the social side of uni.
I’m more keen on what will give me the best opportunity’s and the most enjoyable experiences.
I have literally no idea which uni i should choose. Please help
Original post by Anonymous
I’m more keen on what will give me the best opportunity’s and the most enjoyable experiences.

Deciding on your firm and insurance choices is definitely a big decision. It's worthwhile checking out where each degree will lead you or what employers may be looking for when you complete your studies but coming to University is also a great time to find out more about yourself too.

There is lots of online resources on the University of Exeter webpages which can help you get a feel for studying with us. Take a virtual campus tour and see just how much open and green space there is at Streatham campus. St Luke's is equally pleasant just on a smaller scale and it really is easy to get between the two. I'd also recommend our "Ask a current student" feature as well as a way to check in with students already with us and hear first hand their experiences.

Of course, if a bit of solitude is your thing then it's not too far from Exeter to some great coastal areas, out onto Dartmoor, or exploring some river trails

Universities are a great place to get involved in all sorts of activities and there is sure to be something that might just surprise you as an interest you can distract yourself with while studying with us. Be sure to check out The Student Guild societies as there is so much to choose from.

Hopefully you will get some replies from other students which will also help with your decision making

Chris
Student Recruitment Team
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

It's worth taking a look at the Accommodation pages for each university and their prices.

Bristol has quite a lot of very old, very dated properties (esp. in Stoke Bishop/North Village) whereas the majority of Exeter's is very modern - there's not much price difference either.

Also worth considering is whether you prefer a Campus uni or not - Exeter is a campus, where all Halls are within 15 minutes or less walking time from academic departments. Bristol is a City university where the Halls are spread out and you may have to take a longer walk (or even a bus if you choose North Village) to your lectures.

Exeter Campus is also within a 15 minute walk of the Town centre - it's not isolated like some uni campuses are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending