The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

I rambled through this whole thing (ignore if you want to)

So last year during my GCSE year (year 11) I began to have (what I thought as) weird symptoms. Like a normal 15/16 year old girl I panicked I began googling what it meant and came up with the conclusion that I was going to slowly have a painful death. Now this happened a month or two into the school year and I wasn't having in problems after it so naturally I forgot about it. Then there was a day when I was home alone, I was just chilling at home and began to start cleaning when I started to have trouble breathing. At first I was like relax your fine your gonna be alright, then soon it came to the point when I was on the floor in tears scared I was gonna die alone in my living room at the age of fifteen. See that was the first time. I being the stupid person I am I decided to keep it to myself because I was embarrassed, it sounds stupid but I was terrified of telling anybody because I was scared and embarrassed. Now that was the worse decision ever. Now a few days after that I went into complete break down, severe break down. Some days I wouldn't even get out of bed, I would lie down and listen to music and Wattpad books , I wouldn't even get up for food or a shower and getting up to us the toilet took so much effort on my part. The next couple of days played out like that but it came to a point where I started struggling to breath again and I would cry on the floor. I began screaming more and I would start punching things because I got so frustrated with what was going on and honestly couldn't handle it , yet I told no one.
Now back at school I began skipping classes and staying in the bathroom all the time, or I would go to class then ask to us the toilet and would stay there for a while and try to relax. It got to the point where I started to take notice in how my grades where getting worse and my weight was getting less.
I finally reached a point where I had to tell someone so I went to the school support teachers who told me to go to the nurse. Upon going to the nurse she told me I most likely have anxiety due to stress at school (since it was exam year). Now in a couple days I'm gonna be going to sixth form and I feel like if my behaviour was that bad during GCSE how am I going to be during my A-levels?

Honestly felt like I just rambled for no reason at all, ignore me if you want to I don't mine :biggrin:
It's so important to talk to somebody when you're going through something like this :smile: Honestly, I know you felt embarrassed/scared but people can help! Whenever you're going through a rough patch again makes sure someone you trust knows. Talk to your school counselor if you need to, they can also help, that's why they're there, you can trust them :smile: All the best in the future, I know it's a horrible thing to go through.

Latest