The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Are mini fridges allowed?

hi, i will be starting in october and be staying in the south towers. I was wondering what the policy is on mini fridges in the room as i am conscious of my allergies with food and not mixing halalmeat etc.
Original post by mogaffa
hi, i will be starting in october and be staying in the south towers. I was wondering what the policy is on mini fridges in the room as i am conscious of my allergies with food and not mixing halalmeat etc.

Hi, Im sure it will be fine but it might be safe to double check with the Uni. I asked about mini fridges and they said its fine, however i need one to store medication in so they couldn't really refuse! Hope this helps!
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by mogaffa

Hi there,

I'm a current undergraduate student at the University and I lived in South Towers in my first year.

Technically the University prohibits the use of refrigeration equipment in the rooms as they can produce significant heat and therefore could start a fire.

However as you have a genuine reason for requiring your own refrigeration equipment then it should be okay as long as you check with accomodation and let them know that you have it in your room!

The email address that you need is [email protected]

Hope that answers your question :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending