The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's quite easy really - think of the technology :smile:
infekt
how come short actors ( al pacino , tom cruise etc ) look normal on the screen and in photos ?

jus wondering coz im 5'8 and i know im short ... and then i read this article today whihc said pacino is 5'6 ... and i was like , im bigger than the godfather :biggrin:

Maybe they have lollys under their shoes, hmmmmm.
Reply 3
yeah i know but come on ... 3 movies and i never figured him to be tht short ... all the ppl he got killed were midgets then :smile:
Reply 4
infekt
how come short actors ( al pacino , tom cruise etc ) look normal on the screen and in photos ?

jus wondering coz im 5'8 and i know im short ... and then i read this article today whihc said pacino is 5'6 ... and i was like , im bigger than the godfather :biggrin:

5'8 is short!??
Reply 5
im very concious about it ... seeing my younger brother in close to 5'11 , im taller than my dad though
Fly By
5'8 is short!??

Well it's shorter then me and i'm young, and it is below average, it's hardly tiny though. (Supposing they're male.)
Reply 7
smoke and mirrors
Reply 8
infekt
im very concious about it ... seeing my younger brother in close to 5'11 , im taller than my dad though

lol i think 5'11 is very tall. if you think thats the minmum height then i'm a midget :rolleyes:
Fly By
lol i think 5'11 is very tall. if you think thats the minmum height then i'm a midget :rolleyes:

Well what height are you? I'm 5ft11...anyways film i wanna watch on now, laters people.
Reply 10
how tall are u flyby ?
Average UK male height is 5'9".
Reply 12
tis_me_lord
Well what height are you? I'm 5ft11...anyways film i wanna watch on now, laters people.

hehe i dont mean it in a bad way, just a bit lanky if you know what i mean..
i dunno what height i am but not very tall.
Reply 13
camera angles make them ook taller, or they get women to bend down in many shots, if the women are taller. easier for famous females to 'increase' their height though- rachel stevens geri halliwell, kylie and sarah michelle gellar are all about 5'1"-5'3", which a lot of people don't realise
Reply 14
I'm 5'6 which is tiny!

I know that Gillian Anderson stood on a box in some scenes in the X-Files because she was so short.
Having mates who do film studies, apparantly they shoot with the camera looking up slightly, this gives the effect of the actors/actresses looking taller than they actually are..
how tall is danny devito - he's managed to be fairly successful :biggrin:
Gimp
I'm 5'6 which is tiny!

I know that Gillian Anderson stood on a box in some scenes in the X-Files because she was so short.

My sister is 2 inches taller then you. :eek:
Gimp
I'm 5'6 which is tiny!

I was suprised to discover that Gael García Bernal is 5'6". He's lovely so don't worry!
Reply 19
tis_me_lord
My sister is 2 inches taller then you. :eek:

She's too tall for me, break it to her gently Ben :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending