Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how come short actors ( al pacino , tom cruise etc ) look normal on the screen and in photos ?

jus wondering coz im 5'8 and i know im short ... and then i read this article today whihc said pacino is 5'6 ... and i was like , im bigger than the godfather

ReputationRep:
    It's quite easy really - think of the technology

(Original post by infekt)
    how come short actors ( al pacino , tom cruise etc ) look normal on the screen and in photos ?

jus wondering coz im 5'8 and i know im short ... and then i read this article today whihc said pacino is 5'6 ... and i was like , im bigger than the godfather
    Maybe they have lollys under their shoes, hmmmmm.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know but come on ... 3 movies and i never figured him to be tht short ... all the ppl he got killed were midgets then

ReputationRep:

5'8 is short!??

ReputationRep:
    im very concious about it ... seeing my younger brother in close to 5'11 , im taller than my dad though

(Original post by Fly By)
    5'8 is short!??
    Well it's shorter then me and i'm young, and it is below average, it's hardly tiny though. (Supposing they're male.)

ReputationRep:
    smoke and mirrors

ReputationRep:
    im very concious about it ... seeing my younger brother in close to 5'11 , im taller than my dad though
    lol i think 5'11 is very tall. if you think thats the minmum height then i'm a midget :rolleyes:

(Original post by Fly By)
    lol i think 5'11 is very tall. if you think thats the minmum height then i'm a midget :rolleyes:
    Well what height are you? I'm 5ft11...anyways film i wanna watch on now, laters people.

ReputationRep:
    how tall are u flyby ?

ReputationRep:
    Average UK male height is 5'9".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Well what height are you? I'm 5ft11...anyways film i wanna watch on now, laters people.
    hehe i dont mean it in a bad way, just a bit lanky if you know what i mean..
    i dunno what height i am but not very tall.

ReputationRep:
    camera angles make them ook taller, or they get women to bend down in many shots, if the women are taller. easier for famous females to 'increase' their height though- rachel stevens geri halliwell, kylie and sarah michelle gellar are all about 5'1"-5'3", which a lot of people don't realise

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'6 which is tiny!

I know that Gillian Anderson stood on a box in some scenes in the X-Files because she was so short.

ReputationRep:
    Having mates who do film studies, apparantly they shoot with the camera looking up slightly, this gives the effect of the actors/actresses looking taller than they actually are..

ReputationRep:
    how tall is danny devito - he's managed to be fairly successful

(Original post by Gimp)
    I'm 5'6 which is tiny!

I know that Gillian Anderson stood on a box in some scenes in the X-Files because she was so short.
    My sister is 2 inches taller then you. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    I'm 5'6 which is tiny!

I was suprised to discover that Gael García Bernal is 5'6". He's lovely so don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    My sister is 2 inches taller then you. :eek:
    She's too tall for me, break it to her gently Ben

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.