This discussion is closed.
infekt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
how come short actors ( al pacino , tom cruise etc ) look normal on the screen and in photos ?

jus wondering coz im 5'8 and i know im short ... and then i read this article today whihc said pacino is 5'6 ... and i was like , im bigger than the godfather
dudes do media
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It's quite easy really - think of the technology
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by infekt)
how come short actors ( al pacino , tom cruise etc ) look normal on the screen and in photos ?

jus wondering coz im 5'8 and i know im short ... and then i read this article today whihc said pacino is 5'6 ... and i was like , im bigger than the godfather
Maybe they have lollys under their shoes, hmmmmm.
infekt
Rep:
?
yeah i know but come on ... 3 movies and i never figured him to be tht short ... all the ppl he got killed were midgets then
Fly By
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

5'8 is short!??
infekt
Rep:
?
im very concious about it ... seeing my younger brother in close to 5'11 , im taller than my dad though
tis_me_lord
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fly By)
5'8 is short!??
Well it's shorter then me and i'm young, and it is below average, it's hardly tiny though. (Supposing they're male.)
kikzen
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
smoke and mirrors
Fly By
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
im very concious about it ... seeing my younger brother in close to 5'11 , im taller than my dad though
lol i think 5'11 is very tall. if you think thats the minmum height then i'm a midget :rolleyes:
tis_me_lord
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fly By)
lol i think 5'11 is very tall. if you think thats the minmum height then i'm a midget :rolleyes:
Well what height are you? I'm 5ft11...anyways film i wanna watch on now, laters people.
infekt
Rep:
?
how tall are u flyby ?
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Average UK male height is 5'9".
Fly By
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
Well what height are you? I'm 5ft11...anyways film i wanna watch on now, laters people.
hehe i dont mean it in a bad way, just a bit lanky if you know what i mean..
i dunno what height i am but not very tall.
priya
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
camera angles make them ook taller, or they get women to bend down in many shots, if the women are taller. easier for famous females to 'increase' their height though- rachel stevens geri halliwell, kylie and sarah michelle gellar are all about 5'1"-5'3", which a lot of people don't realise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm 5'6 which is tiny!

I know that Gillian Anderson stood on a box in some scenes in the X-Files because she was so short.
thenarbisbanned
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Having mates who do film studies, apparantly they shoot with the camera looking up slightly, this gives the effect of the actors/actresses looking taller than they actually are..
Quiksilver
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
how tall is danny devito - he's managed to be fairly successful
tis_me_lord
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
I'm 5'6 which is tiny!

I know that Gillian Anderson stood on a box in some scenes in the X-Files because she was so short.
My sister is 2 inches taller then you. :eek:
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
I'm 5'6 which is tiny!

I was suprised to discover that Gael García Bernal is 5'6". He's lovely so don't worry!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
My sister is 2 inches taller then you. :eek:
She's too tall for me, break it to her gently Ben
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (92)
13.94%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (54)
8.18%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (85)
12.88%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (79)
11.97%
Other reasons are stopping me going (84)
12.73%
Nothing is stopping me going (266)
40.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed