The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spur
Marginally short of eternity. I was spoilt early on by early offers from Warwick, Leeds and Manchester, but Edinburgh is the one I really want to go. The wait is unbearable.

When did you apply? :smile:
Reply 5881
Original post by historicallytes
When did you apply? :smile:

September, I think the offers came within two or three months.
Original post by Spur
September, I think the offers came within two or three months.

Congratulations on the other offers! :biggrin: And you have been waiting since September? wow.
Original post by Spur
Marginally short of eternity. I was spoilt early on by early offers from Warwick, Leeds and Manchester, but Edinburgh is the one I really want to go. The wait is unbearable.

Ah lol I posted that a while ago, I ended up getting an offer from Edinburgh a week after I applied
Good luck though mate
Two days between the "application has been referred to admissions tutor" email and an offer, from University of Birmingham. Very happy :smile:
Original post by saskia9
Southampton were the slowest in replying to me - took almost 5 weeks.

That's funny they were by far the quickest for me within a week. All my 5 in know Bristol last.
My friend is waiting on Bristol and Exeter since October and has an offer from Cardiff. She has visited Cardiff on the open day and has decided she wants to go there .Is it true she cant pick until she receives all her offers,oh one thing Bristol has kept her updated but not a word from Exeter ,she thought this was very rude and will never go to Exeter even if they offered.
Original post by dazzler182
My friend is waiting on Bristol and Exeter since October and has an offer from Cardiff. She has visited Cardiff on the open day and has decided she wants to go there .Is it true she cant pick until she receives all her offers,oh one thing Bristol has kept her updated but not a word from Exeter ,she thought this was very rude and will never go to Exeter even if they offered.

If she withdraws her applications from the other 2 then she can decide now before they reply! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's no need to rush. She has until May to decide.

And a lack of communication from Exeter doesn't mean they aren't a good university, and possibly* the best course/uni for her.

*I have no idea if it is or isn't for her particular situation. But the apparent lack of an email shouldn't be the deciding factor. Every year we have 100s of students on TSR who made early choices and, come May, need to change them for whatever reason. Don't let your friend be one of them.

She should wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi guys,

I applied on the 15th of January and I've heard back from one with a conditional offer. Received and email from Roehampton and Middlesex, stating they're reviewing my application. Do they give everyone student numbers whilst processing?
I applied only to Scotland (St Andrews, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen & Dundee) and sent my UCAS application 12th of January.

So far I've only heard from University of Glasgow, conditional for Theology & Religious studies :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Has anyone heard from University of Liverpool yet?
I applied for Anatomy and Human Biology and the waiting is killllling me!:eek::eek::eek:
I have had 3 offers up to now though, so it's not all bad! Just really want to go to Liverpool!
Original post by sciencefreak0
Has anyone heard from University of Liverpool yet?
I applied for Anatomy and Human Biology and the waiting is killllling me!:eek::eek::eek:
I have had 3 offers up to now though, so it's not all bad! Just really want to go to Liverpool!

I have an offer for Law.

Relax. Lots of unis haven't really started sending offers out yet (nearly all Scottish unis for example). Every uni hast a different style of handling the application process. While some start sending out offers right away, some wait until the deadline before they start to give every applicant equal consideration.
While it is annoying to wait as an applicant (none of my unis have responded yet, they are all known for being very slow), it says nothing about the quality of the university or course and certainly has nothing to do with being "very rude".
We only have January yet and the unis have around four more months to reply. You're talking like it's the end of April.

If it's that important to your friend, she can always withdraw from her application to the unis that haven't answered yet - but I think that it would be an overreaction and a mistake. It's always good to have a few offers to choose from and she has several moths until she has to choose her firm and insurance. If you read through old threads here, you'll realize that people change their minds all the time.

None of my unis have responded yet (although I send my application off months ago) and while it is annoying, I also know that it is normal. It's still early. Just chill.
Hey, greetings from Bavaria/Germany!
Just within 1 week after sending my application, I got an offer from KCL!!!!!!

Still waiting for St.Andrews (dream), edinburgh, glasglow and UCL and I am almost dying because I am so impatient.

Has anyone received an offer from this Unis for Chemistry/ Chemistry with biomedicine?

I could never imagine that I would one check my emails 10 times a minute but now thats probably all I do the whole day.... When is the latesr time for the Unis to make a decision?
Original post by simone0110
Hey, greetings from Bavaria/Germany!
Just within 1 week after sending my application, I got an offer from KCL!!!!!!

Still waiting for St.Andrews (dream), edinburgh, glasglow and UCL and I am almost dying because I am so impatient.

Has anyone received an offer from this Unis for Chemistry/ Chemistry with biomedicine?

I could never imagine that I would one check my emails 10 times a minute but now thats probably all I do the whole day.... When is the latesr time for the Unis to make a decision?

May...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhh no! Just hope that no one takes that long
Ohhh no! Just hope that no one takes that long

They usually reply by the end of march though :smile:
Original post by Cecyl01
They usually reply by the end of march though :smile:

end of march sounds better:cool:

what have you applied for?
end of march sounds better:cool: