The Student Room Group

Glasgow School of Art 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nysm1501
Got an interview for fashion this morning! I've booked it for next Thursday

Well done! Hope it goes well for you :smile:
Original post by Sandaval
Well done! Hope it goes well for you :smile:

Thank you so much, same back to you! I remember you said you were also applying to painting?? Ill keep my fingers crossed for you ! Where else have you applied?
Reply 62
Hi I've applied for painting and printmaking too as well as sculpture and environmental art. Still not heard back for either!

I put second year entry in my UCAS but I don't know if I was right to do that, as I've only done a 1 year foundation? Does year 2 entry mean year 2 entry overall including foundation (which would mean first year of painting/sculpture) or is it year 2 of 3 for this specific course? Sorry for the stupid question!!
i have telephone interview tomorrow. anyone knows what do they ask you if you're eu student?
Reply 64
Original post by sparemblek
i have telephone interview tomorrow. anyone knows what do they ask you if you're eu student?

What are you applying for? And were are you from? Im from Poland, Communication Design
i'm applying for fine art photography and i'm from slovenia
Thank you so much, same back to you! I remember you said you were also applying to painting?? Ill keep my fingers crossed for you ! Where else have you applied?

Yeah I have applied for painting/printmaking at Glasgow, so hopefully I get an interview for that! I have also applied to Edinburgh for painting and illustration :smile:
i also applied for edinburgh (photography) it's actually my first choice, but i'm still quite nervous
Original post by rubyfordyce
I applied for textiles as well! I sent my online portfolio off ages ago but haven't heard anything back yet, but it's my second choice uni so I'm not too worried!

I had my interview there yesterday and they said we were the first few people to be interviewed so don't worry! they said we'll find out in 5 weeks and i think they are sending the interview emails off in batches where is your first choice?
Original post by uvsarah12
I had my interview there yesterday and they said we were the first few people to be interviewed so don't worry! they said we'll find out in 5 weeks and i think they are sending the interview emails off in batches where is your first choice?

What questions did they ask you? I have my fashion interview next week, I just wonder if the questions may be similar?
What questions did they ask you? I have my fashion interview next week, I just wonder if the questions may be similar?

For me, they took my portfolio and looked at it while i was out of the room then they asked me to come in and talk though the process of a piece of work i felt confident on, they had a list of questions in front of them like they'll ask you what you know about the structure of the course and if you have any weaknesses, what you enjoy doing and what you see yourself doing in the future! Good luck i'm sure you'll do great :smile:
Original post by cara8461
Hi I've applied for painting and printmaking too as well as sculpture and environmental art. Still not heard back for either!

I put second year entry in my UCAS but I don't know if I was right to do that, as I've only done a 1 year foundation? Does year 2 entry mean year 2 entry overall including foundation (which would mean first year of painting/sculpture) or is it year 2 of 3 for this specific course? Sorry for the stupid question!!

2nd year entry means you'll enter the course at year 2, as the foundation means that you've basically already done first year and it would be more suitable for you to skip first year
Original post by uvsarah12
For me, they took my portfolio and looked at it while i was out of the room then they asked me to come in and talk though the process of a piece of work i felt confident on, they had a list of questions in front of them like they'll ask you what you know about the structure of the course and if you have any weaknesses, what you enjoy doing and what you see yourself doing in the future! Good luck i'm sure you'll do great :smile:

Thank you! Sounds like the questions I'm expecting anyways. I'm going to an exhibition today in case they ask me what ones I've been to recently haha! Thank you again I hope you have some good news :wink:
Any Fine Art SEA applicants here?
I had phone interview yesterday, at the beginning they said that there's no reason to worry, they ask everyone those questions. first they asked me about the artists i mentioned as an inspiration, then they asked to explain a little bit more two works (i could picked them) and then they picked a work for me to talk about, and later they asked if i have anything i would like to say or if i have any questions. it lasted 17 minutes
Reply 75
Original post by colourwheel123
Any Fine Art SEA applicants here?

Me!
Original post by ntrxx
Me!

!!! nice to meet a peer, have u heard anything back? where else have u applied?
Reply 77
Original post by colourwheel123
!!! nice to meet a peer, have u heard anything back? where else have u applied?

Got an interview march 2nd!!! I've applied for Edinburgh, Dundee, and CSM! What about you??
Original post by ntrxx
Got an interview march 2nd!!! I've applied for Edinburgh, Dundee, and CSM! What about you??

Congrats on your interview!!! I have yet to hear back from GSA. I've applied for GSA, goldsmiths, slade and chelsea.
Reply 79
I had my interview for Silversmithing&Jewellery today! I asked for and got an extension on my online portfolio aswell haha. I really can't tell if it went well or not.. they were really positive about my work but they looked at my portfolio on their own before I came in and I'm not sure if they saw all of it, and I definitely didn't explain myself too well or explain half the stuff I wanted to, it was over so fast! Think I may have a change though.. does anyone know how long it takes for them to make a decision??
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest