The Student Room Group

what do i do?

i chose english, maths, chemistry, biology and rmps (religious studies, basically) for higher but i wish i chose physics instead of rmps. i’m very interested in physics and it’d allow me to study more courses i'm interested in (like architecture). it’s october so it’s kinda too late to change but i wanted to do chemistry, physics, maths and art at advanced higher, but because i haven’t taken physics, it’ll have to be adv higher chem, bio, and maths with higher physics on top. i know it’s my fault for not taking physics off the bat (i chose rmps because i got a higher grade in it compared to physics) but it’s eating me up inside. what do i do?
Original post by Anonymous
i chose english, maths, chemistry, biology and rmps (religious studies, basically) for higher but i wish i chose physics instead of rmps. i’m very interested in physics and it’d allow me to study more courses i'm interested in (like architecture). it’s october so it’s kinda too late to change but i wanted to do chemistry, physics, maths and art at advanced higher, but because i haven’t taken physics, it’ll have to be adv higher chem, bio, and maths with higher physics on top. i know it’s my fault for not taking physics off the bat (i chose rmps because i got a higher grade in it compared to physics) but it’s eating me up inside. what do i do?

You would still be able to apply for architecture without physics as it isn't a required subject for the majority of courses. Edinburgh wants 'evidence of artistic ability', and Glasgow School of Art and Strathclyde want maths or physics. Dundee doesn't require any specific subjects. Have a look at the following thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7361710

Around 50% of the modules of an architecture degree are design, and most unis will require a portfolio of your creative work as part of the application process.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending