The Student Room Group

Should I attend Oxford Brookes?

I have an unconditional offer for the engineering foundation at OB for next year. Only problem is, I'm an international student and it would cost quite a lot so I'd have to get a loan. My parents are willing to pay for living costs, all I really need are loans for the tuition. Sallie Mae is an American bank in contract with them, so I'll probably get it from them. I haven't applied for any other Universities, and all the ones in my home state in America cost about 26k a year, for IN-STATE tuition. My parents urge me to learn German for 2 years then go to Uni in Germany, but they already confused me enough for suggestions this year, I don't want to wait another 2 years to go to Uni, and i can't speak German so I don't know why they expect this. Anyways, has anyone done the foundation year at Oxford Brookes? How is it? Would you recommend it?
I think it would be ridiculous to wait two years just to go to university in a country that doesn't speak your language. What's so special about Germany to your parents that's worth waiting two years for?
Reply 2
Original post by Callum323
I think it would be ridiculous to wait two years just to go to university in a country that doesn't speak your language. What's so special about Germany to your parents that's worth waiting two years for?

the fact that German Universities are heavily subsidized by the government and some universities are completely free.

Quick Reply

Latest