Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Maths GCSE 2017 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone ill be writing my maths gcse next year in june. my teacher told me that they changed the papers for 2016 or 2015 onwards . What did they mean by that ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazzleyou)
    Hey everyone ill be writing my maths gcse next year in june. my teacher told me that they changed the papers for 2016 or 2015 onwards . What did they mean by that ?
    If you are doing GCSE in June (and not IGCSE) then you will be with the first students to be examined using a specification that is new and different from previous exams. Although most of the topics are the same and many questions will be similar to previous papers, there are a few extra (harder) topics included and a greater emphasis on solving problems. I think all examiners are using 3 papers instead of two so you will be tested on more of the topics than was previously possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazzleyou)
    Basically, the maths and English GCSE have both changed for current year 11s. We will be graded on the new 1-9 scale and in the maths GCSE, a portion of the marks are for "written communication" - which basically means your workings out - but it doesn't say what questions these marks are available on. There's also a little bit of harder maths in the exam because the top grade available, a 9, is the equivalent of above an A*.

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.