The Student Room Group

Maths GCSE 2017

Hey everyone ill be writing my maths gcse next year in june. my teacher told me that they changed the papers for 2016 or 2015 onwards . What did they mean by that ?
Original post by dazzleyou
Hey everyone ill be writing my maths gcse next year in june. my teacher told me that they changed the papers for 2016 or 2015 onwards . What did they mean by that ?

If you are doing GCSE in June (and not IGCSE) then you will be with the first students to be examined using a specification that is new and different from previous exams. Although most of the topics are the same and many questions will be similar to previous papers, there are a few extra (harder) topics included and a greater emphasis on solving problems. I think all examiners are using 3 papers instead of two so you will be tested on more of the topics than was previously possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by dazzleyou

Basically, the maths and English GCSE have both changed for current year 11s. We will be graded on the new 1-9 scale and in the maths GCSE, a portion of the marks are for "written communication" - which basically means your workings out - but it doesn't say what questions these marks are available on. There's also a little bit of harder maths in the exam because the top grade available, a 9, is the equivalent of above an A*.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending