The Student Room Group

Neuroscience applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by grace_cong1998
peterhouse:smile: and which oxford college did you apply to?
I need to do the nsaa test which is a newly introduced cambridge admission test. You need to do bmat, right? I think the essay part is pretty challenging.
Hope we both get into oxbridge!(i just did my overseas interview for cambridge...i think i screwed that but the conversation was rather enjoyable. Now i'm hoping for the ucl offer:tongue:)

good luck!
Original post by Grace_Cong1998
Peterhouse And which Oxford college did you apply to?
I need to do the NSAA test which is a newly introduced cambridge admission test. You need to do BMAT, right? I think the essay part is pretty challenging.
Hope we both get into Oxbridge!(I just did my overseas interview for Cambridge...I think I screwed that but the conversation was rather enjoyable. Now I'm hoping for the UCL offer)

I hope so too! &I got allocated to St Hughs after an open application:smile:
Don't worry - I hear loads of people get in even when they think they messed up the interview up - the fact you enjoyed it is probably a sign you were engaging... yeah I'm doing the BMAT tomorrow morning (help!) - but I'm also really hoping for UCL... Hope the NSAA goes well!
Original post by Shockwave109
I'm applying for King's and Bristol too. What are you predicted (if you don't mind me asking)?

I'm not predicted anything.
Anyone received an offer yet?
Original post by 1lastchance

I'm just getting my UCAS sent-off tomorrow.
Really hoping for an offer from all of my universities. Thinking about the process and the competition is making me nervous. Where did you apply?
Anyone else applying for any of the following:

UCL
KCL
QMUL
Bristol
Manchester ...?

I'm getting really nervous since I haven't got my UCAS sent off yet and my grades might not be good enough :frown:
I was just wondering why there isn't a thread like this...then, I saw this one:biggrin:
I've applied to
Cambridge
Imperial(Biochemisry)
UCL
York
Queen Mary
Already got offers from York and Queen Mary:h:
Good luck to everyone:smile:

Which Queen Mary university is this?
Queen Mary's in London
Queen Mary in Twickenham (Greater London)
St. Mary's in Belfast

KCL and Bristol! :smile:

UCL
KCL
QMUL
Bristol
Manchester ...?

I'm getting really nervous since I haven't got my UCAS sent off yet and my grades might not be good enough :frown:

I'm applying for UCL, KCL and Bristol! :smile: I've heard back from KCL and Bristol, but I'm an early applicant so I wouldn't worry! I think they process them fairly so that no one's at a disadvantage no matter when they apply, but it's a nice feeling when you get them sent off! Do you mind me asking what your grades are? As long as you're predicted there grades (or are relatively close to them) then I'm sure you'll be fine!
Good luck to everyone who's going to take BMAT or NSAA test today! I'm in China, so I suppose I will start my test earlier:biggrin:

UCL
KCL
QMUL
Bristol
Manchester ...?

I've applied for Queen Mary and UCL.
QMUL won't take long I think cause they said they aim to make a decision in four weeks in their acknowlegdement email.:smile:
Which Queen Mary university is this?
Queen Mary's in London
Queen Mary in Twickenham (Greater London)
St. Mary's in Belfast

I didn't know there are many "Queen Mary" in the UK, lol.
It's Queen Mary University of London!:smile:
Reply 52
Ok so
I'm planning on applying to
Kings (Neuroscience)
Queen Mary's (neuroscience)
Sussex (neuroscience)
Kent (biomedical science)
Brunel (biomedical science)
Now I mainly want to do neuroscience but I needed two courses with a lower entry requirement so I chose the biomed courses at Brunel and Kent.
The question I have is how can I go about writing my personal statement to centre it towards both courses.
I've written the bulk of my personal statement however it's only neuroscience based as I hadn't made the choice to select two of my choices as biomedical science just recently.
Any help would much appreciated.
I'm just getting my UCAS sent-off tomorrow.
Really hoping for an offer from all of my universities. Thinking about the process and the competition is making me nervous. Where did you apply?
KCL, Bristol, Exeter, Leicester and keele
Original post by Dyl98an
Ok so
I'm planning on applying to
Kings (Neuroscience)
Queen Mary's (neuroscience)
Sussex (neuroscience)
Kent (biomedical science)
Brunel (biomedical science)
Now I mainly want to do neuroscience but I needed two courses with a lower entry requirement so I chose the biomed courses at Brunel and Kent.
The question I have is how can I go about writing my personal statement to centre it towards both courses.
I've written the bulk of my personal statement however it's only neuroscience based as I hadn't made the choice to select two of my choices as biomedical science just recently.
Any help would much appreciated.

First I need to say my opinion may be wrong cause I'm also an applicant this year and have no more experiences than you.:smile:
I think you should check the course syllables in Kent to see whether you can do some neuroscience modules in second/third year. If you can, it'll be fine to talk about neuroscience because there must be a certain area you are interested in biomedical science.( If not neuroscience, then may be cardiovascular system? Human physiology?...
You can also write something like neuroscience needs a lot of background knowledge of...(which you can add the first/second year courses other than neuroscience here) This shows you not only know what neuroscience is but also tells the university you will still study hard in non-neuroscience courses.
That's my advice which may be very wrong...but I hope this can help you! Don't worry too much and good luck!
Reply 55
Thanks. You've been really helpful and now I've got a much better idea of how to execute this. Good luck with your application, hope you get your place.
First I need to say my opinion may be wrong cause I'm also an applicant this year and have no more experiences than you.:smile:
I think you should check the course syllables in Kent to see whether you can do some neuroscience modules in second/third year. If you can, it'll be fine to talk about neuroscience because there must be a certain area you are interested in biomedical science.( If not neuroscience, then may be cardiovascular system? Human physiology?...
You can also write something like neuroscience needs a lot of background knowledge of...(which you can add the first/second year courses other than neuroscience here) This shows you not only know what neuroscience is but also tells the university you will still study hard in non-neuroscience courses.
That's my advice which may be very wrong...but I hope this can help you! Don't worry too much and good luck!
Reply 56

Offer from Nottingham today :smile:
I'm so glad I found this thread!

I'm applying for Oxford, UCL, Bristol, Nottingham and Kings, and I've recieved offers from Bristol, Nottingham and Kings! Honestly, after the disaster that the BMAT was today I'm not sure how realistic Oxford is anymore :/
Original post by ToBeAGenius
I'm so glad I found this thread!

I'm applying for Oxford, UCL, Bristol, Nottingham and Kings, and I've recieved offers from Bristol, Nottingham and Kings! Honestly, after the disaster that the BMAT was today I'm not sure how realistic Oxford is anymore :/

Well done!

when did you submit your application?
Well done!

when did you submit your application?

Thank you!! I was an early applicant so I think it was submitted around the 12th of october, have you submitted yours yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending