The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths: Core C3 6665 20 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

How have some of you completed all your past papers? Does edexcel have that few past papers? In CIE we have around 50 per module if you start 2002-2016
Hello fellow C3/C4 students.

I got 65/100 in c3 last year, and now am retaking (need 70/100) so I can pull my further maths grade up to an A.

So far I have done every Edexcel C3 paper (2005-2016) and Edexcel C3 IAL (2013-2016).

I am just about to start the solomon papers. However, I was wondering if anyone would have any advice as to any other papers that match the Edexcel content but are harder.

Thanks.
Original post by mehtj006

I got 65/100 in c3 last year, and now am retaking (need 70/100) so I can pull my further maths grade up to an A.

So far I have done every Edexcel C3 paper (2005-2016) and Edexcel C3 IAL (2013-2016).

I am just about to start the solomon papers. However, I was wondering if anyone would have any advice as to any other papers that match the Edexcel content but are harder.

Thanks.

Try the ones that are available (or will become available very soon) on our website: www.crashmaths.com/a-level-practice-papers :smile:
Original post by crashMATHS
Try the ones that are available (or will become available very soon) on our website: www.crashmaths.com/a-level-practice-papers :smile:

Thanks
Original post by mehtj006

Mad

Thanks.

Madas maths papers
Sol papers
Aea papers
Original post by years101
Madas maths papers
Sol papers
Aea papers

Thanks for the help, I didnt know about Aea and Madas but will give them a try.
Original post by samantham999
I'm doing 6 units of maths edexcel (c1-4 and s1-s2) I hope to finish it all by January as i'm working 6 hours a day. RIP ME. I hope I get an A*! :frown:

Same and I really want to cry too :frown:
Not doing Edexcel, I'm on OCR MEI but this thread will definitely be helpful for me once I've finished the past papers for my exam board.
I like the whole Bronze/Silver/Gold difficulty categories! It does make you feel a bit bad though when you find some of the 'easier' questions a bit tough. I guess it'll just take a bit more practice bc atm I look at a lot of questions and I'm just like "wtf is going on:colondollar::o: :colonhash:".
Does anyone have a spreadsheet with all of the grade boundaries for C3 since 2005? It's so much effort having to search them up individually on the Edexcel website :tongue:

Also, what grade boundaries should I use for the Solomon papers?
Original post by LeCroissant
Does anyone have a spreadsheet with all of the grade boundaries for C3 since 2005? It's so much effort having to search them up individually on the Edexcel website :tongue:

http://pmt.physicsandmathstutor.com/download/Maths/A-level/C3/Papers-Edexcel/Grade%20Boundaries%20-%20Edexcel%20Maths%20A-level.pdf

Hasn't got the A* boundary which sucks but it is generally 67-70 marks.

For solomons I use 90% - A*, 80% - A and so on
I'm just wondering how people are finding C4 so far.
I really enjoy C3, and think I'm fairly confident in it now. I was very happy with my mock grade.

But for C4 I can't seem to click with it and I'm really struggling, even though everyone else seems fine.
Reply 71
Original post by JezDayy
I'm just wondering how people are finding C4 so far.
I really enjoy C3, and think I'm fairly confident in it now. I was very happy with my mock grade.

But for C4 I can't seem to click with it and I'm really struggling, even though everyone else seems fine.

I'm the same as you, as are most people in my class
C4 is waaay harder than all the other units, anyone who disagrees is lying :lol:
Reply 72
Original post by LeCroissant

Download the UMS converter
Anyone else find vectors to be the hardest topic in C4?
Original post by TrueDAN

Yeah I don't really like them either. They can get quite confusing.

Drawing a diagram usually helps me tho
Original post by hellomynameisr

Yeah likewise - I just think they can be awkward + there is a large range of
stuff that can be tested in the questions i.e. geometry can be involved.
Original post by hellomynameisr

Original post by TrueDAN

Very often the earlier parts are needed for the later parts. So when you draw a diagram, make sure that you have marked on the all the things that you found in the earlier parts. This will help to make the geometry more obvious.
Reply 77
I honestly don't find vectors too bad, or at least not as bad as integration lmao...
Original post by jamestg
I honestly don't find vectors too bad, or at least not as bad as integration lmao...

Wtf is bad about integration ? 😌

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Original post by Chittesh14
Wtf is bad about integration ? 😌

Posted from TSR Mobile

The actual integration isn't hard lol, it's the sheer amount of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending