The Student Room Group

International students applying for medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chase Chong
Lucky you. I've received notification from Imperial but not UCL yet. Did UCL provide you with a number of interview slots to choose from?

Fella Singaporean too haha

Yep, they gave me 4 dates to choose from, all in January.
Care to share the dates?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chase Chong
Care to share the dates?

Posted from TSR Mobile

11, 17, 25, 31 Jan
Interview at Birmingham!!!!!!!

Have to check for available dates :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mkshyderabad
Interview at Birmingham!!!!!!!

Have to check for available dates :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

congrats
My son got interview from Birmingham. Interview date: 2/27~2/28 in Malaysia.
Student from Taiwan.
Reply 186
Got an Interview from Imperial (grad entry) and Kings College London (undergrad entry)
Original post by skn3my
Got an Interview from Imperial (grad entry) and Kings College London (undergrad entry)

when did you get from kings ?
Reply 188
Original post by starmuneer
when did you get from kings ?

I got it around November 21st
Guys, has anyone received a rejection from BSMS ? I just got one saying my academic score is not competitive. But I don't understand what do they mean by that? We were not required to sit BMAT and they only look at our PS and UCAS content. And I am currently studying BSc and I am predicted with 1st degree. So upset...
Original post by KamranKerim
Guys, has anyone received a rejection from BSMS ? I just got one saying my academic score is not competitive. But I don't understand what do they mean by that? We were not required to sit BMAT and they only look at our PS and UCAS content. And I am currently studying BSc and I am predicted with 1st degree. So upset...

hey just mail them and ask for a feedback .i am not sure about their requirements for those with degrees .what are your stats btw ?which other unis have you applied, don't loose hope I'm sure the other unis will offer you soon .
Original post by starmuneer
hey just mail them and ask for a feedback .i am not sure about their requirements for those with degrees .what are your stats btw ?which other unis have you applied, don't loose hope I'm sure the other unis will offer you soon .

yeah I emailed them and asked wtf haha
I did BMAT (4.0 5.1 3A) and GAMSAT 57 overall with a decent amount of work experience + predicted 1st in BSc Biomedical Science + BB in Chem and Bio A-levels.
I think I won't be able to get it this year, probably gonna da masters and apply again next year in sha Allah
Reply 192
Hi,

Student from Australia (finished a bachelor of science and masters of neuroscience) got an interview for hull york med school, awaiting others. Haven't gotten any rejections. One acceptance into the SGUL Cyprus campus after my interview. Anyone know about that medical school?
Reply 193
Original post by KamranKerim
yeah I emailed them and asked wtf haha
I did BMAT (4.0 5.1 3A) and GAMSAT 57 overall with a decent amount of work experience + predicted 1st in BSc Biomedical Science + BB in Chem and Bio A-levels.
I think I won't be able to get it this year, probably gonna da masters and apply again next year in sha Allah

This is what has me scared for us international students who clearly did well enough in BMAT but may get rejected because they do not look at our BMAT scores. I am not too sure about your other stats since I'm not familiar with those systems but your application seems solid to me. I am from the Caribbean and just graduated from secondary school so I'm concerned about how they could compare my academic qualifications with other international students, especially ones like you who already did a first degree...
I emailed them about my BMAT scores too but they said they cannot use them... it was worth a shot. Before I applied to them though I was given the go ahead by their admissions team with my qualifications, but it's still unnerving to have to wait to see if my PS etc was impressive enough.
I'm sorry to hear about that though. I got a rejection from one of my four choices already so I understand what it feels like
Reply 194
Original post by LG23
Hi,

Student from Australia (finished a bachelor of science and masters of neuroscience) got an interview for hull york med school, awaiting others. Haven't gotten any rejections. One acceptance into the SGUL Cyprus campus after my interview. Anyone know about that medical school?

I've never heard of it... their application process seems very fast though...
Original post by LG23
Hi,

I know a few things, not good things though. I was looking into applying for the SGUL INTO program (which has London and Cyprus) but looking at them in more depth, they're not GMC approved and they don't offer the chance for students to stay in UK should they be unsuccessful in matching back to their countries. They also didn't have any students matching to the Canada (me) or the US for their first graduating class. I don't know what the regulations are like in Australia for residency, but it just seemed like too big a risk for me.

In terms of international student programs, I applied to the University of Central Lancashire (whose program is exclusively for internationals but offers the chance to stay in the UK as a back-up) and the University of Buckingham (private so they don't care about home vs. international and do offer the chance to stay as well). These two programs aren't GMC recognized yet either but they have plans in place so that their students will be able to graduate with a medical degree from a recognized medical school. I don't know what kind of medical degree people from SGUL get.

In my opinion, I would interview at Hull York first and see how that goes before even thinking about accepting SGUL Cyprus.
Anyone remember what the BMAT questions were for international students? I realise a UCL interview requires the candidate to talk about his BMAT essay and I can't really remember what I wrote anymore
Original post by GalaxyAstronaut
Anyone remember what the BMAT questions were for international students? I realise a UCL interview requires the candidate to talk about his BMAT essay and I can't really remember what I wrote anymore

Did you get a UCL interview??
Original post by Mo_elheramy
Did you get a UCL interview??

Nope haha, I'm just getting restless waiting for a reply
Nottingham has started giving interviews

any International Applicants here for Nottingham??

Have you heard from them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending