The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Graduate Admissions 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by RT8815
CONG!!! May I ask when did you apply? And I think LSE said the first offers will be released in Jan, there are chances receive before Christmas right?

I did apply around mid october.
No worry, when I applied it two years ago, I received the offer in Jan.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
Wow. Congratulations!!
Great news indeed! :biggrin:

Btw, what is gss?
I applied four weeks ago, and received an offer yesterday!
offer for IR received yesterday. Although since I'm on my gap year and have the grades already I should hear back sooner than others.
Original post by swkr
Wow. Congratulations!!
Great news indeed! :biggrin:

Btw, what is gss?

Its Graduate Support Scheme. =)
Hi everyone,

I'm applying to MSc Accounting and Finance as my first choice. Does anyone know how to fill in the Mathematics and Statistics boxes? I have attached an image for reference.

Thanks in advance!
Bump
Original post by ubermotivated
Hi everyone,

I'm applying to MSc Accounting and Finance as my first choice. Does anyone know how to fill in the Mathematics and Statistics boxes? I have attached an image for reference.

Thanks in advance!

Hey there! i can answer that question for you.

The question you refer to is asking when you last studied maths and statistics. So expected answers would be school, undergraduate or postgraduate depending on the last time you studied each subject.

Hope this helps.=))
Original post by swkr
:smile: I like the way you are looking at it. But I somehow don't think I can rest until I see the offer email. :redface:

May I ask what couses you have applied for?

Hello

Yeah I'm just using a logic of possibilities as I have submitted an application in early October so it's been over 10 weeks now. According to LSE policy the decision will be out in 8 weeks meaning a rejection will be out in 8 weeks so if the applicant isn't contacted within 8 weeks before Christmas I'm pretty sure that they are likely to get offer which starts to be issued in January.

I've applied for Management courses and I really wish you a successful application ahead. I'm sure we will be able to make it.
Original post by Sammy2534
Hello

Yeah I'm just using a logic of possibilities as I have submitted an application in early October so it's been over 10 weeks now. According to LSE policy the decision will be out in 8 weeks meaning a rejection will be out in 8 weeks so if the applicant isn't contacted within 8 weeks before Christmas I'm pretty sure that they are likely to get offer which starts to be issued in January.

I've applied for Management courses and I really wish you a successful application ahead. I'm sure we will be able to make it.

Yes, They usually start giving out offers in January. You still stands a good chance i would say. Good Luck!=)
Original post by lsewanabe
Yes, They usually start giving out offers in January. You still stands a good chance i would say. Good Luck!=)

Thank you so much for your encouragement ^_^
Hello

Just to clarify, the 8-week limit is purely advisory, and it varies from course to course. Your application goes to an academic in the department for consideration, and how long you wait purely depends on how often said academic sits down and sifts through all the applications.
Reply 32
I got accepted to MSc Management of Information Systems and Digital Innovation. Anyone else who got into this program?
Original post by You!Me!Dancing!
Just to clarify, the 8-week limit is purely advisory, and it varies from course to course. Your application goes to an academic in the department for consideration, and how long you wait purely depends on how often said academic sits down and sifts through all the applications.

So you mean that longer wait doesn't reduce the possibility of rejection right ...

As far as I know the application is considered on a rolling basis and 8-9 week period should be adequate for the rejection as first offers are out in January so those waiting from October throughout the end of December should be in a good position I guess.
So you mean that longer wait doesn't reduce the possibility of rejection right ...

As far as I know the application is considered on a rolling basis and 8-9 week period should be adequate for the rejection as first offers are out in January so those waiting from October throughout the end of December should be in a good position I guess.

...Not necessarily. Some academics for some of the courses don't even look at any of the applicants until January/February. It really depends on your course.
Hi, I just wanted to share some information that I think is relevant. I reinstated my application, so it has been under consideration since early/mid October. I called graduate admissions today to ask for an estimate of when the first offers for the MSc in Economics would be released, and the admissions officer said that I should not have had to wait so long and that she would make sure I have a decision by Friday. Based on this experience, I think it is worth a call to admissions if you have waited much longer than eight weeks (it has been just over 11 for me, not counting the holiday closure).
Original post by You!Me!Dancing!
...Not necessarily. Some academics for some of the courses don't even look at any of the applicants until January/February. It really depends on your course.

But my application has been in the status of under consideration since early October meaning it has actively been processed since that time till now. It's rather unusual that selectors begin looking at application in January as there are lots of people in student room saying they have got offers from various departments. Anyway I still have a positive attitude for this.
Original post by kinc7802
Hi, I just wanted to share some information that I think is relevant. I reinstated my application, so it has been under consideration since early/mid October. I called graduate admissions today to ask for an estimate of when the first offers for the MSc in Economics would be released, and the admissions officer said that I should not have had to wait so long and that she would make sure I have a decision by Friday. Based on this experience, I think it is worth a call to admissions if you have waited much longer than eight weeks (it has been just over 11 for me, not counting the holiday closure).

Hi

My situation is very similar to you in that an application has been held in the office for such a very long time. But every time I phoned the graduate admission office they said the same thing as LSE FOR YOU shows (that my application is still under consideration at the department) and there is nothing further they can do and they also told me not to contact the department directly as it's not responsible for admission stuffs. They leaves me even more irritated as I have no idea how long I will have to wait further beyond the 10-weeks that has lapsed.

Anyway I really hope you will have a good news when it comes to Friday.
Reply 38
Original post by Twooz
I got accepted to MSc Management of Information Systems and Digital Innovation. Anyone else who got into this program?

Hello!

Congratulation! I also applied to this program early december.

Could you tell me when you applied?

Reply 39
Original post by simbozz
Hello!

Congratulation! I also applied to this program early december.

Could you tell me when you applied?

Thanks!! Mid November I believe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending