Turn on thread page Beta

Is S1 -S6 hard (edexcel) watch

Announcements

Im really jobless at scool cos I did my A level maths an year ahed and got a high A grade. Im alredy doing further maths and dont see it being too hard. Dop u think I should giva crack at S1 - S6 for a stats A level? (this is edexcel)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    Im really jobless at scool cos I did my A level maths an year ahed and got a high A grade. Im alredy doing further maths and dont see it being too hard. Dop u think I should giva crack at S1 - S6 for a stats A level? (this is edexcel)
    I think you should really give it a crack because i don't think it is that difficult either. But bare in mind, it is a very different type of maths...

ReputationRep:
    I Agree With You.statistics Is A Very Easy Gce Course And If You Have Found Further Maths Easy Then The S1-s6 It Will Be A Piece Of Cake For You.i Did It This Year And Scored A Lot Of Marks And Grade A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NICKI)
    I Agree With You.statistics Is A Very Easy Gce Course And If You Have Found Further Maths Easy Then The S1-s6 It Will Be A Piece Of Cake For You.i Did It This Year And Scored A Lot Of Marks And Grade A.
    the later stats modules turn into really strong pure stuff. No more tests at all (except the F-test)... you do stuff like probabilty and moment generating functions in which you've really got to be proficient with your algebra!

i only done S1 - s3 so i cant comment on s6 altough i have looked at the book

i only done S1 - s3 so i cant comment on s6 altough i have looked at the book
    Well I taught myself S1 and S2 (well thats actually peanuts!) im only a bit worried about the other 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gollum)
    the later stats modules turn into really strong pure stuff. No more tests at all (except the F-test)... you do stuff like probabilty and moment generating functions in which you've really got to be proficient with your algebra!
    yes! your algebra must be very strong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NICKI)
    Not meaning to be unkind but, if you write all your stuff with capital letters at the start of almost every word, you'll lose a lot of marks in English....!!

All the best

Elisabeth=)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elisabeth_rb)
    Not meaning to be unkind but, if you write all your stuff with capital letters at the start of almost every word, you'll lose a lot of marks in English....!!

All the best

Elisabeth=)
    jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeez...

ReputationRep:
    Well I taught myself S1 and S2 (well thats actually peanuts!) im only a bit worried about the other 4
    Yeah S1 and S2 are very easy. Doing these two really pulled my grade up from just getting a C to just missing by 11 ums on an A.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.