The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Jools
I think this thread has made it out to be a lot harsher than it is. Maybe at some colleges there's BigBrother style monitoring of everything you do, but provided you don't do anything stupid you're fine. You can download mp3s sent to you by email.

I really hope this is the case since using msn would save me from a large phone bill! :eek:
aliel
I really hope this is the case since using msn would save me from a large phone bill! :eek:

MSN, a microphone and speakers. Voila, a free telephone. Get a webcam and voila, a free videophone.
Reply 22
Hoofbeat
re: msn, when I was at Oxford for my interview the comps in the JCR were on and they had msn and I used it quite a bit with no trouble! I would have thought that it was only the amount of downloading that caused trouble, surely playing online games (no downloadin involved) are acceptable, along with receiving emails with music file attachments?

The JCR helpers at my college told me that interviewees arent allowed to use the university network! :mad:
Reply 23
CHilL
The JCR helpers at my college told me that interviewees arent allowed to use the university network! :mad:

Opps! Well the computers were all logged on for the entire duration of my stay and loads of us used them, the internet and MSN. Which college were you at? I was at New and they obviously didn't mind as the computers had been left logged in and on!

Latest

Trending

Trending