The Student Room Group

Do you like going out for meals?

Do you enjoy going out for meals? Why/why not? :yum:

Personally I really like going out to restaurants, but sometimes find it a bit limiting being vegetarian! Does anyone else find the same? :holmes:
Reply 1
Love it if im not paying for it.
Depends how your cooking skills compare to what you can get at a restaurant. In this regard my preference varies according to what particular food I crave as well as what my budget is.
No
I like staying at home and eating while watching TV
I'm always game for going out.

Recently went to a Pakistani restaurant - didn't like waiting for what seemed like an exorbitant amount of time but the food was brilliant.

The naan bread was incredible :beard:
no
Depends what restaurant it is. Asian parents love saying "Let's go out for a meal!" and you end up getting all buzzed and then they drag you to an Indian restaurant even though you get served the same thing you eat at home everyday :colonhash:
Reply 7
Meh. It's a lot of effort to get out of the house. Once I'm out it's nice :smile:.

Haven't been on a good meal in about a year or so to be honest... :/
Reply 8
Only for special occasions. I will not eat out without a good reason to, since I'm too poor :colondollar:

My housemates are always going out, and I pretty much just stay at home, so quite a few people have started calling me anti social lol
I love eating out but it's £££. If I was wealthier, I'd almost never eat at home.
yeah, my friends and i tend to go to restaurants like Frankie n Bennys for occasions like birthdays
I love it as I tend to close business deals over a meal
like yesterday I sold a ladies Datejust 2-tone and a men's 2-tone submariner to a local gypsy boy (he's 15) I've known the family for some time (thanks to business with his older brothers and his father) but it for him and his fiancee for Christmas it was a £9k deal that I made £2k on
Original post by shadowdweller
Do you enjoy going out for meals? Why/why not? :yum:

Personally I really like going out to restaurants, but sometimes find it a bit limiting being vegetarian! Does anyone else find the same? :holmes:

I do enjoy going out for meals. I like eating so it's nice trying different types of cuisines in different environments and it provides something to do between talking to the person I'm with which is good for me as an awkward person.

I don't find it limiting being vegetarian :wink:. What are your favourite restaurants?
I do like going out for a meal maybe once a month or so but for me, I'm more of a takeaway person :tongue: they are cheaper, more filling and I can eat them at home with my cats and while wearing my jammies :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love it, but don't go often because it's expensive :laugh: I love all the nice food, and the atmosphere, and enjoying it with people I love :love:
OFC! (mainly because food :drool:) :tongue:
But it's expensive and so I don't do it often - which makes it more special :smile:
No cause you have to decide where when and what time and that's too much of a hassle....
I like it, but not too often as it's too expensive and unhealthy to do it!
Original post by *Interrobang*
I like it, but not too often as it's too expensive and unhealthy to do it!

Exactly this! I always wish there was more vegetables with meals out too :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest