The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Accommodation Questions

Hi! Just hoping I could get some help answering some of these questions:

Are there pay as you go eating options anywhere like can you buy food vouchers or something?

At David Kato what is difference between band 2/3 in terms of rooms and what is number of people sharing?

Are there many non catering rooms in the three catered college on west campus?

In your 7 choices can you make multiple choices in one college?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1

Are there pay as you go eating options anywhere like can you buy food vouchers or something?

At David Kato what is difference between band 2/3 in terms of rooms and what is number of people sharing?

I'm not sure about your first question as I was self-catered, but I don't think so. You can buy meals from the Library Cafe and other eateries on campus such as Alcuin Bistro though. Some colleges also have the option of a weekly meal, where you will be self-catered on every day but your college's designated mealtime.

The only difference between Band 2 and Band 3 will be that more people (from other flats) share the kitchen facilities in the lower band. I think David Kato's flats hold 6-10 people.

There are non catered rooms in Derwent, but unsure about the others.

Yes you can make up to two or three options in the same college.

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂
University of York
York
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi!

Even if you aren't a catered student, you can still go to one of the canteens on campus and pay for a meal whenever you like. We also have a Meals in Advance scheme where you can buy meals in blocks

In general, more students share facilities in Band 2 compared to Band 3

Vanbrugh, James and Derwent college are fully catered only. The colleges on Campus West with self-catered options are Halifax and Alcuin

I believe you can choose multiple options for the same college 🙂

Hi there!

Do ensuite rooms exist in Derwent?
Been trying to work this out for quite some time now; the accomm page on the website says no, but neither has it been updated for 24/25. I also just came across a TSR thread from 4 months ago claiming that a small handful do but are not shown online?
I'm going to contact the accomm team also, but would be nice to see if someone else could confirm this for me too.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi there!

Do ensuite rooms exist in Derwent?
Been trying to work this out for quite some time now; the accomm page on the website says no, but neither has it been updated for 24/25. I also just came across a TSR thread from 4 months ago claiming that a small handful do but are not shown online?
I'm going to contact the accomm team also, but would be nice to see if someone else could confirm this for me too.

Hi,

A rep from last year contacted the accommodation team about this - there are ensuite rooms available but they aren't advertised because there are so few of them. Not sure if you can even apply for them or if they're just randomly allocated. Apparently these rooms are in J Block. Nearly all of Derwent is shared bath 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending